Consistently getting low FPS in Studio but 60fps in Roblox player

I was having this issue a couple weeks ago. Try resetting all nvidia control panel preferences back to default and see if it changes anything. If not, check you have HPET disabled in BIOS.

1 Like

I can confirm that the FPS in Studio is much worse than it was in the past. Very low frame rates, lots of stutter.

2 Likes

Same here, I’ve been getting 5-10 less FPS than before, forcing me to lower the editing graphics quality

OMG, I just checked and am getting below 11 FPS in Studio. There must be something going on?

I am running a GTX 780, with 8 Gb of RAM, 2560x1440 with G Sync enabled. In the past, Studio ran fine, but now it is almost unusable. (The Roblox Player runs fine, so it is just Studio that is slow).

See the screenshot below of the standard baseplate template running in Studio.

1 Like

Have you tried upping the render throttle percentage?

Settings -> Studio -> General -> “Render Throttle Percentage” -> try 100?

No change after experimenting with this feature. Still at 10 FPS in Play Mode.

I should mention that I tried disabling all external plugins, but that did not help either. Still around 10 FPS in Play Mode, and slightly higher in Start Local Server Mode.

Do you have multiple Studio instances open at once? Because they don’t play nice.

Nope this happens with one Studio instance running. EditQuality or the size of the place does not matter. Same FPS all of the time.

As another test, I reset my studio preferences to their default values, but the low FPS problem still occurs.

This happens for a single Studio instance, so it is unrelated to multiple instances.

I FOUND THE CAUSE OF THIS ON MY RIG:

The problem was caused by G-Sync. I had G-Sync enabled for windowed mode, which affects Roblox Studio since it is in windowed mode. As soon as I disabled G-Sync for windowed mode, and restarted Studio, then the FPS shot up to 60 FPS.

5 Likes

I’ve never had G-Sync and this is still a problem for me. Disabling V-Sync doesn’t help either.

2 Likes

You can’t disable VSync on Roblox

1 Like

I’m also having this issue with studio and it seems that my CPU does not like any to do with DirectX11 or DirectX9. I made the switch to OpenGL and everything returned back to normal. Vulkan also had yielded the same results as OpenGL.

I was having the same issue, messed with some studio settings today and managed to fix this for my PC. All I did was go to Settings > Rendering and turn on FrameRateManager and change GraphicsMode from Automatic to OpenGL

Was getting about 37 FPS in play solo before, now getting a smooth 60 again

10 Likes

Seems like the performance issues I was getting has been resolved. Is anybody else having issues with this anymore?

Thanks dude this has solved it for now.

This does not work for me. The only way I can fix this is by putting my graphics mode to Direct3D9 which is absolutely horrendous quality. I cannot do anything cosmetic with it and this has been happening for months.

I’ve been posting in this thread but seeing as you guys think you’ve found a solution I figured I might as well make it known that this is still happening to me here.

1 Like

It seems like OP’s issue has been resolved, so closing this thread in favor of another still-open duplicate bug report. Please post any similar issues you experience there.