Conso's Simulator API [VERSION 1]

Have you ever wanted to make a simulator base before, but didn’t want to go through the hassle of scripting all of it? If you have, I have made something for you.

Recently (about 3 days ago) I thought about making a simulator or a leaderboard based game. I decided to instead make an API to make it easier for developers to create simulators! Although the API is not finished yet, I have come out with a stable first version. This version contains several functions to help your simulator game start off.

Welcome to Conso’s Simulator API!

How you use it:

List of functions and how to use them:

Initializing the module

local Main = require(WHEREVER_YOU_PUT_THE_MODULE.Main)

There you go! You just initialized the Main module! I will explain its functions next.

Main Functions

Main:StartLeaderStats()

Main:StartLeaderStats("your point's name here", default amount of points here, "your rebirth's name here") (if you dont want a rebirth point leave that blank.)

This function starts the game’s leaderboard, and save system.

Example:

local Main = require(game.ServerScriptService.Main) -- Initializing Main Main:StartLeaderStats("Cash", 10, "Prestige") -- The function in use

Main:AddPoints()

Main:AddPoints(“the type of point (point or rebirth) you want to be affected’s name here”, the player you want to be affected here, IN GAME OBJECT NOT NAME!!, the amount you want given)

Example:

local Main = require(game.ServerScriptService.Main) local Player = game.Players.ConsoIeWriter Main:AddPoints("Cash", Player, 10)

This function can be used to give a player points when they do a certain action, such as killing a player, or clicking with a tool.

Main:SetPoints()

Main:SetPoints("the type of point (point or rebirth) you want to be affected's name here", the player you want to be affected here, IN GAME OBJECT NOT NAME!!, the amount you want given)

Example:

local Main = require(game.ServerScriptService.Main) local Player = game.Players.ConsoIeWriter Main:SetPoints("Cash", Player, 100)

This function can be used by developers to mess around and test their games. However, this can also be used in rebirths.

Main:RemovePoints()

Main:RemovePoints("the type of point (point or rebirth) you want to be affected's name here", the player you want to be affected here, IN GAME OBJECT NOT NAME!!, the amount you want given)

Example:

local Main = require(game.ServerScriptService.Main) local Player = game.Players.ConsoIeWriter Main:SetPoints("Cash", Player, 20)

This function can be used when a player buys something out of a shop.

Model

Conso’s Simulator-API [VERSION 1] - Roblox
If you do use this in your game, please credit the model. It’s not a requirement, but I would greatly appreciate it if you do.

Thank you so much for reading my post, and potentially using my API! I really appreciate it, and I hope it helps you! If there is anything you would like added or fixed, please let me know! :smile:

10 Likes

This is very handy but my problem is when I set my points to 0 it Auto sets them to 10 every time :confused:

2 Likes

Hey, this is ConsoleWriter. I honestly kind of forgot about this, so I haven’t updated it yet, BUT, I may return to this and fix the problem in the next update!

1 Like

That would be cool if you did would make my game much easier!

Looking at your code here, it seems to just be module full of functions for adding and subtracting leaderstat values. For starters, it uses default datastore (yuck!), and also is lacking more internal components such as control with tools, shops, inventory, pet systems, etc.

If you are reading this, you can do just about anything the OP has done with a lot more secure and expansive module, DataStore2. It features similar functions, such as Increment(value), Set(value), and also it uses cache to save the data, which is a lot more reliable.

3 Likes

Hey! Thanks for the feedback. I made this as a little project for myself and the future games I make, so the first version is very simple. If I decide to continue this, I will make sure to fix the errors, and make it more user friendly.

1 Like