Constant Error Code 260 on My Game

Straight to the point, everytime my game reaches more than 5 users in game players constantly crash (Error Code 260). Regardless of PC, internet, or client, it’ll always crash to everyone.

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!

I want to see if it’s a game problem and how I can fix this issue for good

1. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!

Firstly, the character movement will be stuck, I can’t zoom in or zoom out and only the A/D movements. I try to reset, then boom, this error code happens. (ALWAYS LIKE THIS EVERY CASE). Again, only happens if more than 5 people are in the game.

1. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?

I tried playing other games in my group (as the game was a group game) and they worked fine with around 20 people in the game. Tried lower graphics, no avail, again other players are experiencing this. I’m not sure it’s a script issue as I only have ACS, Adonis, and other scripts (like the A-Chassis and other game features like UI). Of course, I’ve searched google everyday and no useful resources unfortunately.

Hopefully if anyone can have a clue on what is causing this issue I hope you can help, and if you require the game link please let me know. Thanks

I don’t know much about this error but I’ll try to help. The wiki states that:

“There was a problem receiving data, please reconnect. (Error Code: 260)”
Displayed when no data is being received by the Roblox web servers.

I think it might have to be if a lot of stuff are happening while you are resetting your character, such as a memory leak. Your internet may simply suck or the server you’re in is having a hard time processing what’s happening in the game. As you said it happens with 5+ people, the characters might have a lot of stuff to be processed.

Thanks for the response. Again, I believe it’s not a client issue rather a problem with roblox servers. I took into consideration what you said regarding the characters. But for the servers, I don’t think it happens 24/7 doesn’t it? It’s only an issue in my game for some reason.

For your information if it may help, in my game I have:

If it’s the issue with the characters having lots to process, how can I fix it? Thanks in advance for your response

Physics and Network Receive are something to mention, I don’t know how Physics are handled but the other affected thing has to do with no data being sent to the servers. 22k parts are… a lot, try reducing them using a streaming system, which only shows proximity parts. That could be affecting it.