Constant "Plugin moderation check failed" pop-ups when opening new instances of Studio

Reproduction Steps

When opening multiple Studio windows in quick succession (such as when starting a test server), subsequent windows always pop up with the following “Plugin moderation check failed” error:

Untitled

These error pop-ups block me from interacting with each studio window until I close the pop-up, which is incredibly frustrating as it happens each time I want to test with multiple clients.

I imagine the error itself is happening because of the repeated web requests generated when opening new Studio windows (and perhaps because I’m using a VPN), but I’m less concerned about the error and more annoyed with how it disrupts my workflow with this pop-up every time.

Expected Behavior

If there’s a loading related error, it should be displayed in the Output instead, there’s no reason to display it as an intrusive pop-up every single time.

Actual Behavior

The error appears over every new Studio window when I open 2 or more windows at a time. I cannot interact with the new Studio windows until I close the error.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Other
Impact: Low
Frequency: Constantly

5 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue in which I can’t even install an plugin as it will fail due to this VERY annoying error!

Hi all, circling back on old reports - this one should have been resolved but was never closed out. Can anyone indicate if its still happening (may be an issue with a specific installed plugin)? If possible logs would be helpful in resolving it.

Hi, this is currently happening to me. It doesn’t happen every time, almost seems random (but often enough to be annoying…).

I also sometimes get the following error in the Output window which might be related, but that doesn’t have a pop-up window so it’s not intrusive.: Could not fetch Package AssetInfo: HTTP 429 (Too Many Requests)

0.593.0.5930659_20230907T141946Z_Studio_93EBE_last.log (62.3 KB)

Edit: I just noticed in OP’s message that this happens when opening more than 1 Studio instance. I can replicate that behavior.

Thanks for the follow up - we’ll take another look.