Constant studio crashing since new update

Hello,

Ever since the new studio update, my studio keeps crashing around every minute. It doesn’t matter if I stay on the home screen or go into edit mode, it will always crash. Is anyone else having this issue, or is there a fix? I just wanna dev my game :wink:

39 Likes

I’ve also found studio has been crashing a lot in the last few days but unforuntately haven’t been able to find a repro yet. It seems to happen after I’ve stopped a “Play Solo” test and then clicked something, however it doesn’t happen everytime and it’s not always that immediate.

6 Likes

Thats odd. I’m not getting that error

1 Like

When I used studio yesterday it crashed twice without me doing much (first time happened after I finished a test, can’t remember details, second time the same but happened when I edited a script).

After that it worked fine – however I noticed at one point that when I finished a test, I had duplicate tabs open for every script. I remember seeing lots of scripts open in my second test, when I believe I only actually had 3 unique scripts open, so that could have been the cause of the crashes for me.

Were the crashes happening for you guys while scripting or no?
cc @jjwood1600

3 Likes

For me it just crashs randomly. It seems to be working fine now though

2 Likes

Yeah it stopped happening for me after that second crash.

1 Like

I think it happened after I finished a play solo test and opened a script/started editing it but can’t remember for definite!

3 Likes

Sounds like we might have found the cause, then :wink:

1 Like

Actually I found the bug again. Happens when I test a game. Crashed right after I hit stop

2 Likes

This bug definitely seems to be happening after every time I use play solo and needs to be fixed immediately as it making developing quite hard to do now.

Operating System: Windows 8.1

1 Like

This has also been happening to me.

This seems to popup every time before crashing:
Screenshot%20(6)

7 Likes

Im getting tons of crashs, play solo == instant death

5 Likes

Is it still occurring? I can’t reproduce it.

1 Like

It’s happening for me about 50% of the time when I open a script immediately after testing

4 Likes

Happened to me again, here’s a screenshot:

On the line in the selected script that just got cut off from the screenshot, I was trying to remove a .Parent, but the when I made a change (in this case, pressed delete with code highlighted), the unexpected error popup appeared and studio crashed.

You can avoid crashing by closing the duplicate tabs – however you’d rarely do so, as it’d be hard to remember to check for duplicate tabs when you’re doing some hard debugging lol

1 Like

Don’t quote me on this, but StartProcessException is what prints out before the game crashes intentionally due to exploit detection.

This is a studio crash. Not to do with games crashing.

I know, I doubt Roblox’s anti exploit measures don’t run in studio.

1 Like

StartProcessException is just to indicate that something crashed, nothing related to exploits at all. There are no anti-exploiting features in studio.

I am also having this problem. It happens whenever I stop testing and try to edit a script.

1 Like