Constant Team Create disconnections only in one place

Reproduction Steps
Place affected: PWNED: Aeternae Memori - Roblox

System Information

• CPU - Ryzen 7 3700x
  • RAM - 32GB
  • GPU - GTX 1070 ti
  • Ethernet

No reproduction, it just happens whenever we are developing in a Team Create in that place only.

Expected Behavior
Team Create shouldn’t disconnect constantly.

Actual Behavior
Team Create specifically in this place will constantly disconnect and work will always be lost. Happens every 10 minutes or so. Me and anybody in this Team Create will disconnect at the same time. No other team creates in other places within the same game ever experiences this problem.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Connectivity
Impact: Critical
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-05-30 00:05:00 (-04:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2021-05-31 19:05:00 (-04:00)

Note: I don’t exactly remember the exact date this first occurred but I believe it was a few days ago this started happening.

4 Likes

Hi @TeamSwordphin! Sorry you are experiencing this issue. Do you mind sending a log file of a Studio session where you were disconnected, here? Logs / crash dumps / other bug files - DevForum | Roblox
This will allow us to investigate. Thanks!

Hi there, thanks for the response! I’ve attached 3 separate log files which I believe was some of the Team Create disconnections throughout the day.

@TeamSwordphin your logs were helpful. We need to investigate a bit further; would you mind temporarily adding me to the place so I can check some things?

Yeah, for sure! I added you for play access, and also sent a Roblox friend request since Roblox doesn’t allow me to give edit permissions to people I don’t have on my friends’ list (you can remove me after).

This place can only be accessed through commands in-game but I have no problem adding you to the team create :slight_smile:

Awesome! I have accepted your friend request so you should be able to grant me edit permissions now

1 Like

Gave you access! The place that keeps disconnecting is the one highlighted:

1 Like

hey @TeamSwordphin , have you seen this issue today? We’ve been trying to reproduce it on our end and so far have been unable to.

We are currently adding logging that will hopefully help us identify the issue if / when it happens again.

Seems to be fine today, which is very strange! On the weekends and Monday- it was pretty much going down every half-hour or less but now seems to be quite stable. Guess it was some minor server issues?

Thanks for taking the time to check it out anyway, I really appreciate it! Would this be considered solved in the meantime?

Thats great to hear! Lets give it a day or so and then mark it as solved if it doesn’t happen again.

In the meantime, feel free to remove me from the Team Create place.

Happy coding!

3 Likes

Hi @RacquetBaller , sorry to bother you again but the same place has started acting up again today, Monday, June 7th, started a few hours ago. All developers in the session will disconnect at the same time, a few times today (4+ times already in under 2 - 3 hours). I sent some new logs to the bug files group.

I intentionally left edit permissions for you in case it happens again. Thanks!

It’s a bit worrisome having these issues weekly, especially when we are interning at Roblox as Accelerators :sob: This forces us to work in a separate, team create place.

Edit There have been at least 25+ Team Create disconnections in under 8 hours as of this edit. Happens as frequently as every 5 minutes.

Edit 2 The disconnections seems to be happen more frequently if there are a large quantity of assets in the workspace (ie. Terrain, Parts)

3 Likes

This error has been also occurring to me, but on a more scarce ratio than you, like once or twice in a week. Is your place really huge or you have a slow internet connection?

Not slow internet connection, I am in constant team create access with my other places, only this one place will disconnect. It’s a relatively decently sized place.

Worth mentioning too that the entire team gets disconnected when the team create crashes so I wouldn’t pinpoint it to one person’s network. I’m not too sure if the file size is related.

hey @TeamSwordphin , sorry for the late reply, I had taken some vacation. I just tried joining the place and was successful. Are you still seeing this issue?

Hi RacquetBaller,

No current problems recently! Seems like we just had too big of a place size so we decided to split it up. Thanks for checking in!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.