Constantly being logged out in Studio when opening/publishing/etc

Studio just updated minutes ago (31st Aug 2019, 00:00 - 01:00 Pacific Time) and ever since I can’t stay logged in.

This is how things look now:

Logged in (top right) but still required to log in?

Repro (Publish game):

1. Open studio file
  2. Log in
  3. Publish to Roblox as…
  4. Studio freeze and then returns to login screen (showing the picture above).

Repro (Publish Plugin):

1. Open studio file
  2. Log in
  3. Publish plugin…
  4. Studio popup: ‘You must be logged in to preform this action!’

Hint: When you open a rbxl file for first time, it will say: Login error. Please try again.
Hint 2: I’ve uninstalled and re-installed studio. The bug persists.
Hint 3: Happens regardless if you open file from website or from desktop file.

PC Stats: Windows 10, Chrome default browser (if that matters), XPS 15 9570.

Update: As of 12:45 PC I was able to upload to roblox again. Seems issue is resolved for me atleast.

17 Likes

Happening to me too, whenever I try to publish anything or re-open studio it asks me to log in

Something similar, really getting in the way of actually working. It’s probably the new Roblox update.

Whenever I publish something (I’ve only tried with animations though), it automatically logs me out of studio, and brings me to this page.

Sometimes it also just closes the place, and doesn’t allow me to see or access other places:

I need to restart studio after the second instance, and am prompted to reinstall. I also sometimes get captcha errors and general login fail errors (this always happens when I try to edit a place from browser after a log-out, I need to log into Studio manually first before I can edit anything again).

1 Like

This seems not to be the case for me. I am still logged in to studio

Same issue for me. No matter what I do, Roblox Studio keeps prompting me to log in every time I open it.

I tried logging in, logging out, closing, reopening, and then logging back in. Then I restarted it, but it still shows this screen.

I tried reinstalling Roblox Studio, but it continues to do this.

Using “publish place as” also crashes Roblox Studio. I think it has something to do with this.

2 Likes

I can confirm this is happening to me too, Whenever closing studio and trying to edit a game, It brings me to the login page. Also the game tab in studio is broken for me as well, it says the place does not belong to a game.

It happens to me too, I keep experiencing that issue. Every time I try to publish anything I get logged out.

This topic might be worthy of a “[ROBLOXCRITICAL]” tag. Ask someone more knowledgeable than I am though.

3 Likes

This problem has been going on for a few hours (longer than this post has been up) it seems, as I encountered it earlier and it’s completely stopped me from doing any type of work. It could be extremely detrimental to anyone who needs to do crucial updates or any type of work. I would say its worthy of [ROBLOXCRITICAL] but it’d be best to ask people more knowledgeable (as forbidden stated.)

I’ve personally tried reinstalling studio, logging in and out, signing out of all sessions and nothing has worked for me.

1 Like

Can’t repro.
Opened a place file, placed a pink brick, saved, reopened in new window and in-game, brick was still there without any login prompts.
Not Team Create

Device Info

Windows 10 Pro
Version 1903
OS Build 18362.295

Device Specs

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
Ram: 8 GB
System type: 64-bit OS, x64-based processor

Software Info

Roblox Studio
Version: 02aff87b548c4cd7

Does not seem to be critical – only happening to some users. I can publish all my games fine and so can some of the users above. Please make sure to add more details to your posts if you have any.

1 Like

Same with me this problem happen for me for almost 4 months now.
I contacted to Roblox before and It gone for a while but then come back again.

I use Mozilla Firefox on Windows 10 Pro.

I cannot fix this no matter what I do.

I tried reinstalling both Roblox and Roblox Studio.

I tried logging in, logging out, and then restarting from the website.

I tried using Microsoft Edge.

I tried using a completely different computer and opening Roblox Studio.

I tried logging out of the website, logging in and logging out of Studio, clearing my cookies, logging back into the website, and then editing a place.

Nothing works! I get the login prompt in Roblox Studio every single time!

I almost forgot to mention that using “Publish Place As…” and then clicking on a place closes the place file instead, and then trying to reopen a published place gives a nice little error.

1 Like

I too am experiencing a variation of this.

I edit any one of my places on Tower Defenders (which is a 3 place universe) and it logs me out upon opening Roblox Studio.

But I would have to manually type in my info and finally it would log me in.
Once loaded it would then shoot an error to the output saying “This place does not belong to a universe”. Unfortunately, I had not thought to capture an image of it at the time.

@DevEngagementTeam can I use ROBLOXCRITICAL on this post?
I literary can’t update my game, my plugins or anything.

2 Likes

Did u try to uninstall Roblox Studio and Install it again,the same issue was happening to me when I uninstalled it and installed it again it worked for me perfectly.

1 Like

Edited my OP with why it should be considered ROBLOXCRITICAL. I am also running Firefox, but it happens regardless if I launch through studio itself or through the browser. It’s not letting me into studio or anything, I have 0 way of updating anything. Just like Elliott I am using Windows 10 Pro, and didn’t have this problem until about 5-6 hours ago. @PlaceRebuilder Are you able to clarify about when it happened, and if there was an update at all? I didn’t notice anything, just happened out of the blue for me and I get the same exact message as Forbidden.

I updated the topic with the time of the occurance.
Maybe you didn’t see it when you opened a new file, but I saw that it said: ‘Installing new update’ and I had to close other studio files for it to continue. After that, this bug immidiatly occured.

EDIT: This really delays the release of my summer event (sadly no pun intended).

1 Like

No worries – I’ve seen it and will forward. I’ll update the topic later today as more people get online.

Let’s hold off on critical status until the impact is better understood. As of right now it seems to be affecting only a portion of users.

2 Likes

Could be irrelevant, but i live in france and asked 3 friends there, The rate of france users that encounter this issue is currently occuring at 100% (4/4 users)

Note : some people mentionned they can publish, i personally can’t
might have been disconnected while creating