Constantly having to log in again just to open another file in studio (2FA / M2 Macbook Air)

I am having an issue where I am very often presented with the login screen whenever I open a new Roblox Studio window.
This happens despite me already being logged in, often recently, in another roblox studio window

This is really annoying because I have to go through an entire 2FA workflow just to open a single file that someone sent me.

I have 2FA enabled in my account (organizational requirement for my job), and I am using an M2 Macbook Air. I have been getting this pretty often for the past few months ever since I enabled 2FA.

2 Likes

Hi there - we sometimes will invalidate authentications for various reasons, sometimes because of changes on our end. That forces a login, but its odd you get this with another active session going. Is this a sporadic thing where you get this a bunch and then it goes away, or are you seeing it pretty constantly?

2 Likes

I’m seeing it pretty constantly, probably once every few days (working every weekday). Always happens when opening a local file or creating a new place, for example.

Do you regularly use a VPN or change locations while using Studio, or share an account with someone? IP/location changes can sometimes trigger reauth.

Nope and nope. Same IP, same computer. I do switch between a phone and a laptop for playing roblox games, but only a computer for development.

Ok, sounds like this is abnormal then. Best thing to help us here would be to get a log from an instance where you were forced to log in.

1 Like

Hi, I sent a private message with logs from when this happened to me again today. Let me know if I should send these to another engineer on Roblox’s side.

Thanks for the logs. We think we’ve identified the problem, and will be tracking for a fix in the upcoming weeks.

3 Likes

Just an update here—I am now getting emails saying I logged in from a new device each time I complete 2FA, but the emails alway list the same IP address / device name.

So just confirming that it’s not an IP change / device issue that’s causing the authentication to invalidate, but rather a bug.

Oh that’s great i have been having that for a long time too
tho i’m pretty sure it’s also happening when the user doesn’t have a good wifi (like me)

Is this enabled? I’m now getting logged out every single time I restart my PC

1 Like

Yes, its enabled. Can you clarify - you’re getting logged out restarting Studio or restarting your PC?

Generally after restarting my PC. That being said, after having done it a few times, it varies. Sometimes it stays logged in a couple of studio restarts after restarting the PC, other times it logs out on the first studio launch

Can you DM a current log after you start and are forced to log in again, and send username(s) you’ve been logging in with?

Username is 7z99, sent the logs and such to your dms

1 Like

I am experiencing something quite similar; I am completely barred from logging into Studio. Once I attempt to log in, it errors out and tells me to logon via the website or try again. Both methods do not work.

1 Like