Constraints - Color3 and Materials

Recently when building in studio I noticed the constraints such as rope, rod, spring ect do not support Color3 and nor do they allow you to apply a material to them.

Whereas this isn’t a huge deal, It would be nice to be able to change up the materials to fit the build as well as being able to use more for a variety of colours.

Thank for reading!

19 Likes

I agree, although it makes sense that these don’t have full features yet because these constraints are fairly new

3 Likes

As stated in recent thread relating to Attachments:

Alhough Attachments are not Constraints, I suppose zeuxcg meant it in whole constraint system.

Maybe another feature that adds more advanced rope could work (as a rope object)?
^on the other hand, that wouldn’t make much sense, it will be easier to just update the rope constraint and if someone wants to make it more efficient he will just disable it’s fancy functions or something…

3 Likes

Ideally we should be able to supply or own models or meshes to take place of the constraints visuals.

3 Likes

I agree with you but i think it was already planned to be added, since like @Mr1Vgy said, these constraints are not that old to have full features.

1 Like

Problem:

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to make ropes (Or other Constraints) different colors without having the ability to use Color3 on them. (They can’t have custom colors, they are stuck on Roblox default colors)

Example:

For example, let say you are in studio and you are making a constraint that is a rope and you want it to fit with the rest of the game in its color, but you can’t because when you try to change the color of it, you only have access to the default Roblox colors, and your game possibly uses completely different custom colors.

This just makes it sometimes look weird, depending on the situation.

Solution:

Change the current option under Appearance, ‘Color’ to BrickColor and add in Color with Color3 values.

I guess constraints in general never had Color3 implemented into them, and if there was a reason to not do, why?

Thanks and hope for this to get added!

4 Likes