Constructive criticism needed for my homestore

Hello, I have created a homestore and I’m afraid it will not do so well. If anyone would like to check the game out and see what needs to be fixed, or if I just need to redo the whole thing to make sure I can get sales.
I’m a perfectionist, so I don’t know if I’m just taking hard on myself as being a new developer.

3 Likes

This is 100 times better than any build I could do, so, great job! I just have to wonder why there are so many headless people in this city… would be concerning for the people still living there.
Also, what do your tools do?

2 Likes

The interior itself could use a bit more detail and furnishings, but that cityscape in the background looks superb. It’s even giving me inspiration for my own cities I’ve been building. I think all that’s missing for the actual store is a register to make it feel like an actual store, and maybe some sort of artworks on the walls or like a door to break up this empty space.

1 Like

change the color of the buildings (it looks like roblox’s default brick)

add some signs in and around the shop labelling what type of clothes are there.
add some plants, maybe some garbage decals and some garbage cans and dumpsters.

It’s actually a pretty well done build. My suggestion is to tinker with the textures inside the homestore and outside in the last photo shown. I also feel like the colors could be tinkered with a little bit. Right now it doesn’t feel like the textures and coloring compliment each other.

1 Like

So first of all, from the moment I entered the game I can see around 10 free models. I use free models in my games but I feel like this is a bit excessive.

For some reason you’re in first person, just makes everything feel slow. (and my accessories have seemingly disappeared)

The clothes themselves aren’t the best, they have a few errors that are probably less noticable when worn but still noticable.

The beams for these lights look odd, they don’t even emit anything and they’re seemingly on at around 11am

There are vents that show outside the map, including the empty floor.

These doors aren’t even tall enough for a normal avatar

The game lacks ambience, looks ugly in general and doesn’t tell a good story behind the scene.

Optimization is also terrible, I can barely play it at 2 graphics (my system isn’t the best, but for a clothing game I should be able to run it at 5 graphics at least)

Overall; The game needs better optimization, look less of a mess with some sort of regulation, and far less free models. (including the replies above mine, they have very good points.)

2 Likes