Constructive criticism/feedback on my game

Yo, y’all mind givin any feedback/opinions on my obby here? I’ll check the feedback, if there is any, when I wake up. Leave a like if you enjoyed and if you have any constructive criticism just keep it :100:, I’ll take it on the chin!:sunglasses: :facepunch:t5:

3 Likes

Right of the bat I am greeted with super large GUI and unpolished gui.
2/10
Fix: Scale it down a lot.
Moving on I see the environment and the builds are not too bad but not too good as well.
7/10
Fix: Polishing, and
A rectangle. Make it a square.
Gameplay… Its just an obby… What else?
6/10
Fix: Addding music and some particles for more engagment and maybe better ORIGINAL stages.

Overall 5/10 which is… not good.

That’s funny as hell I’m laughing at the GUI part so much. Since I play roblox on mobile ive never tested the game on my pc before to see how it looks because it loads slowly but DAMN I sound like a tea kettle right now. Lemme size em down! :rofl:

So that means you didnt make the game? And you hired people?

Nah, I’m solo gang. I’m a beginner dev(not trying to use this as an excuse) but when I hit “publish to roblox” I always test the game on my phone since my pc is super slow! I didnt know the gui was that big for pc players! On mobile it looks fine see? Also I’ll resize it for pc people and I have the autoscale plugin!

Right off the bat: The Reset Progress, Skip Stage, Shop and Stage Indicator all have different Fonts, Colors and even Borders.
And you could’ve just keeped the Default Spawnpoint instead of changing it.

Why are the Killbricks White? At least make them Neon or Red. It’s hard to tell if they are Killbricks or not.

The Spinning Killbricks are Red and Neon now? Anyways, Their animation have low FrameRate, You can just attach them to a Motor instead of animating them.

Are those supposed to be Trees? At least add some materials to it.

Why are Killbricks orange now?

There are gaps between the Killbricks, did you even use Snap-To-Grid?

Why is the Distance between Killbricks not the same?

The arrows on the conveyor are tiny compared to the Conveyor, Make it bigger.

Why would you use the same Obstacle twice in a row? Sorry if i’m Nit-picking but this is just lazy.

Why are the Trusses not connected to each other?

Why do these blocks have outlines and others don’t?

At least try to connect the Trusses, Don’t just leave them floating like that.

There is a gap between the Killbrick and the Edge.

And why is this suddenly Spongebob themed? Did you seriously use Free models?

You could’ve added smth like a Badge at the end of the Obby.

Also, You can sometimes receive a Sword from the lucky block which you can use to kill other players, Won’t that make Players quit? (if there are any)

Overall rating: 3/10

Typical Obby full of Free models and Gamepasses, No effort put into it.

Lol I appreciate your effort in trying to dissect the game, at least you’re honest and I appreciate that! Although the majority of the people who have played have enjoyed the game the way it is, I’ve already been fixing the bugs, decoration in the obby/gui and the overall emptiness in the obby! I’ll go down the list of your claims my brotha!

Yeah you’re right about the reset progress and the skipstage being different colored and fonts so I’ll make em all pink and purple looking to match the vibe! As far as the default spawnpoint, no its boring looking as hell but its invisible on top of the checkpoint lol.

Those are the 4 killbricks I forgot to turn neon! I got you!

Yeah I made every killbrick in the game neon, indicating they can kill you! The majority of the players I met said it would look nice and to me it does as well! I can respect it though, like I said I can’t please everybody! :rofl:

I’ll fix this right here! The tree was a free model and I put 6 of em there but I turned everything into smooth plastic and forgot to change specifically those back!

Lol the orange looking killbricks were originally brown but when I turned em neon they were that color. I’m keepin em like that so people can see where they shouldn’t jump at!

I’ll fix this! I didnt know how to make a tower like that and I didn’t really know how to make killbricks at the time so that stage is a freemodel, I’ll continue tidying up the game though don’t worry!

Lol I just didn’t notice the distance between the bricks because it looks perfect on studio but nobody brought it to my attention til you just did now, i’ll get it!

Lol I’ll make em a little bigger

True but I was probably tired as hell that morning/evening and just did anything and went to sleep after. I’ll build something else soon!

Everybody hates stage 49 LOL, im keepin it like that because its funny seeing people rage!

Thats a free model I’ll admit, they look gorgeous though but I’ll remove the outline MAYBE.

No

Like I said everything looks perfect on studio but thank you for pointin out because it didn’t look like much to me!

Hell yeah I used free models, i dont know how to make a spongebob, squidward is my favorite character and one of my past friends just gave me the idea of making the last few stages of the game spongebob themed!

Maybe if you paid attention and/or looked through your badges you’d see theres an ending badge! That wasnt very bright of ya! :sunglasses: :+1:t4:

I can easily remove the sword thats true, i’ll get it outta there when I get on studio tomorrow! And yes I get a few players everyday! Might not be many since im a new dev and the game isn’t very popular yet, but I’m grateful for what Ive got! No need to be a party pooper in the parentheses lol!
All in all I can’t please everybody on earth but I’m happy and grateful that there’s people out there who actually enjoy the game. I’d say the obby is around 15% free models, when i first started i didnt even know how to make a circle so I put the start and end on top of golden coins lol. I say 15% because of the spongebob themed stages, the donation board, the timed leaderboard, the sunglasses emoji, the rewards at the end and 2 or 3 other stages as well! Like I said, i respect your opinion. Wish you well on your projects though. (if you have any) Have a good night😎

1 Like

Also I forgot I even had this post up! Yall be taking so damn long to respond that I forget I make the posts sometimes!