"Content has been restricted" message

Apologies if this is under the wrong topic.

I glanced at my ROBLOX PMs this morning and noticed I had one new message. I took a look and saw this.

This, obviously, gave me a mini heart-attack as at a glance I thought my game had been deleted for some reason, but after reading it properly I became perplexed. What does this mean?

I navigated to my game and it appeared to be fully intact and playable. I opened up a new incognito tab and logged into a completely different account with no dev access… still playable. The game itself is still there. Everything seems normal.

I can assure you that my game doesn’t violate the Community Guidelines at all, so I am super confused as to:

• Why this has happened?
  • What this actually is and what it means?
  • Is my game now in danger of moderation action?

I have scoured the internet and can’t find anything explaining what this message actually means. I’ve never seen anything like this before so I think it’s probably a new moderation strategy implemented by ROBLOX.

I should also add that I’m not complaining about a moderation action here, I’m just genuinely confused as to what this means as I’ve never seen it before.

Has anyone got any ideas?

8 Likes

This has been happening to me too, I have no idea what is going on.
I sent 2 support emails for two SEPARATE games, and both emails I got the same reply.

“Your experience “gamelink” has not received any moderation action. If you need assistance with any other concerns regarding Roblox please don’t hesitate to contact us.”

Pretty weird. I honestly don’t know what the issue could be, but since nothing actually seems to be happening, I wouldn’t worry about it too much.

1 Like

I think this means that your game is restricted under the restricted setting under accounts.

I don’t think this has anything to do with account settings. It seems more like ROBLOX temporarily disabling / restricting the game from being played pending a moderation review.

1 Like

I have just received multiple messages about this. I have had issues with my game appearing at the same moment I received the message. I cannot find any information at all about this besides this thread. Could someone please inform me of exactly what has been “restricted” about the game? Is it no longer playable by >13? No longer in search?

Hi, Is this still happening to you? because my tycoon also received the same message and my 10K Robux sponsors are only receiving 2000 impressions but my old ones received 1.9M impressions. I checked my daily players and its all 18+ players no younger players at all. Maybe the “restricted” means restricted to 18+. If you’ve resolved this can you please tell me how you did

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve had this happen a couple times since. The last time it happened was amidst a full server. While it did not close the existing server down, it prevented new players from joining and said that the game was temporarily under review.

It cleared itself up after about 15 minutes. I didn’t do anything and everything went back to normal with no disruption to the ongoing server.

1 Like

Mine also did the exact same thing, I emailed roblox support and they said “game hasn’t been moderated” but then I replied with the message “Content Restricted” after that, they thanked me for reporting the bug and took off my game restrictions and refunded my robux that I used to advertise during that time

Has anyone else had this issue resolved or know what type of restrictions are set? I think this may be some sort of automated system that flagged something in my game, which by the way, is private to group members and only has about 30,000 visits. This message is so ominously vague it feels like I’m being investigated for high level crimes or something lol

I’ve filed a bug report ticket under the website bugs category outlining this issue in detail as this exact problem has been plaguing my experience since December.

If anyone has any information or clues to contribute, please take a look at my report. Hopefully this strange and vague bug is addressed soon.

This means that the content is not playable in certain regions of the world. There’s currently no way to detect where people can and can’t play your game, but eventually the restriction will be removed.

Possibly they maybe doing a clean search of players experiences for inappropriate content.

Because i got the same message from my first experience and they said it was clean, and took the restriction off. and today they move to my other experience? and now it’s the samething saying Content has been restricted

even tho they should gave us a better Response

like Following our investigation your experience has been restricted
with other info about why, and when, they do it sometimes it seem like once a year maybe, or once a month.?

Don’t forget Roblox has been on worldwide news, aswell of other platforms, about inappropriate content for a while now and maybe they finally taking action against it.

1 Like