ContentProvider:PreloadAsync() not working on animations that use AdjustSpeed

ContentProvider:PreloadAsync() is not working on animations that are slowed down or sped up when played for the first time inside a script.

Preload this animation, and run the code:

local animation = humanoid:LoadAnimation(game.ReplicatedStorage.Preload.TestAnim) 
animation:Play() 
animation:AdjustSpeed(.2) 

This animation when preloaded, won’t appear the same the first time it’s used. However, all other animations that are preloaded are the same exact thing when AdjustSpeed is not used.

1 Like

Not entirely sure how to help you. I assume you preload the animation somewhere else?

local animation = humanoid:LoadAnimation(game.ReplicatedStorage.Preload.TestAnim) 
animation:Play() 
animation:AdjustSpeed(.2)

Possible Problems

• Preload is not a property/child of Replicated storage (unless you added it)
  • You should probably use game.ReplicatedStorage:WaitForChild("TestAnim") to make sure that the animation has been replicated. If your code already waits for that above then there shouldn’t be a problem.
  • You aren’t using ContentProvider to preload (unless its somewhere you didn’t show)

Edit

• This post should be helpful. I helped someone with a similar problem in it.

Opps, looks like I read your post wrong. The problem is probably that you call :AdjustSpeed() after you call :Play(). You can read more about this here:

Here is my code.

local PreloadAll = coroutine.wrap(function()
	local Assets = {}

for i, v in pairs(game.ReplicatedStorage.Preload:GetDescendants()) do 
		if v.ClassName == "Animation" or v.ClassName == "Sound" then 
			table.insert(Assets, v)
		end 
	end

ContentProvider:PreloadAsync(Assets)
end) 

PreloadAll()

Ohhhhh. Thanks for the help. I thought it was ContentProvider LOL

1 Like