Context Menu Action for providing Sound permissions on current editing experience

We need a context menu action which approves the sound’s playback based on the experience currently being edited

*Visual example attached:

As a Roblox developer it’s extremely frustrating to constantly switch between studio & create.roblox.com to approve audios for different experiences. Experiences I’ve worked on before (or currently do), heavily rely on audio each game update and sometimes we work on development environments to avoid causing issues on playable versions.

Yes, I know the permission granter on studio exists that approves in masses (which sometimes doesn’t work…) when publishing to a different experience. But for my use case I happen to play audio through a “FMOD-alike” framework with multiple track timelines, the computation behind gathering sounds is with asset id strings out of modules. The permission granter only detects audios within the experience, making it much harder to batch-approve audios.

I am certain If Roblox is able to address this as a little feature release, a lot of developers would benefit from this speeding up workflow. It would also significantly reduce the amount of times we have to switch back and forth between create.roblox.com & studio.

Thank you for considering this request :pray:

16 Likes

That must be done since the audio update came out, We still need this feature >:(

2 Likes

you could do it before using the output, and its gone now for some reason.
We need this

3 Likes

Absolutely essential in this day of age! :100: :facepunch:

1 Like