Context Tools plugin is live

If anyone remembers this blog post was talking about Context Tools as one of our hack week projects. Finally the original plugin (greatly cleaned up!) is available for everybody to use. You can get it from here:

Kudos to @Seranok & @pa00 for helping with design and implementation.

35 Likes

Sweet.

neato

@DreamingMind
Getting this error when moon animation suite is also installed + enabled. (Moon Animation Suite [legacy] - Roblox)

Oh cool!
I actually had a go at remaking this plugin a few months back, based on your hackweek demo video.

3 Likes

Looking at line 187 of Context Tools, I can make a good guess as to what the problem is:

local RIBBONTOOLS = {
    [Enum.RibbonTool.Select] = SELECT_TOOL,
    [Enum.RibbonTool.Scale] = SCALE_TOOL,
    [Enum.RibbonTool.Rotate] = ROTATE_TOOL,
    [Enum.RibbonTool.Move] = MOVE_TOOL,
    [Enum.RibbonTool.Transform] = TRANSFORM_TOOL,
}

local CONTEXT_MENU_CONFIG = {
    [SELECT_TOOL] = {...},
    [MOVE_TOOL] = {...},
    [SCALE_TOOL] = {...},
    [ROTATE_TOOL] = {...},
    [TRANSFORM_TOOL] = {...},
    [COLOR_PICKER] = {...},
    [MATERIAL_PICKER] = {...},
    [GROUP_TOOL] = {...},
    [UNGROUP_TOOL] = {...}
}

local tool = plugin:GetSelectedRibbonTool()
button.Image = CONTEXT_MENU_CONFIG[RIBBONTOOLS[tool]].icon --Error here

In this case, the issue is the selected tool is Enum.RibbonTool.None which is not in either RIBBONTOOLS or CONTEXT_MENU_CONFIG – I was able to reproduce this with any plugin that uses plugin:GetMouse() which deselects all ribbon tools. The plugin will also error if a new selectable RibbonTool is added since it won’t be defined in the above two tables.

3 Likes

still have my :eyes: out for that team create script editor :grin:

7 Likes

Same.

Thanks for reporting this issue with such a detailed explanation. I’ve fixed the problem and can’t reproduce it anymore (with my limited testing). Published new version. Let me know if anything else is broken.

2 Likes