"Contributor" verified badges do not apply to player-owned experiences

I’ve done some digging, and it seems that developers on games owned by groups are eligible for verification via the “contributor” criteria, but there is a chance that player-owned games are not eligible/checked.

Here is an excerpt from the requirements:

If this is expected behavior, I believe it should be documented on the page. If not, then I hope Roblox can resolve this!

Examples of games owned by users with contributors who likely qualify for the badge

Royale High:
LauncelotHandsome has 10,000 legitimate followers and does not have the verification badge, despite being a well known contributor to Royale High.

Piggy
Optikk has more than 10,000 followers, has edit access to Piggy, and is not verified.

While these specific circumstances may be one offs, I am yet to find an example of a known contributor to a player-owned experience that is verified.

I don’t want to pester, I just want to ensure that this behavior is correct, or better documented. Thank you!

7 Likes

We’re taking a look, hang tight! We’ll get back to you when we have an update.

3 Likes

Hello, thank you for flagging this issue! We have corrected the bug: users with edit permissions to experiences owned by other users are now eligible for verified badge, in the same vein as users with edit permissions to group-owned experiences. This change is reflected in the latest round of verified badge granting which has just gone live.

6 Likes

This change verified my group, but didn’t verify my personal account even though I meet all the requirements. Will i still get verified this month or will i have to wait until next month?

2 Likes

Hello! You qualified for the badge as of April 1 and will receive it in early May if you still have Authenticator enabled at that time.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.