Convert .3dm to .ojb or .fbx

downloaded an asset pack off of a website & I need the contents imported into Roblox, the files are however in a .3dm file type. no online converter seems to be able to handle that but I’ve heard a software called rhino 6 can? It’s paid, so I can’t do that, but if any of y’all know how I could do this or could do it for me that’d be pretty cool.

2 Likes

Maybe you can try importing the .3dm to blender if blender supports it and then export it as .obj file?

1 Like

I hadn’t tried but I read that it wouldn’t work, I have managed to find a free trial for Rhino 3D and that suffices for my purposes, I’ll mark this as solved :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just to note an aside - any asset pack that doesn’t include .fbx files of the objects in addition to their native 3D software files, is a shitty asset pack and you should suggest that the artist selling them to include them (if they haven’t already, of course).

.fbx files are industry standard across the board - that’s literally it’s purpose as a file type. There’s no reason to not include them.

2 Likes

It’s a free gem asset pack I found on a website, contains 10 made by the same person - couldn’t find that many elsewhere, and for the purpose it wouldn’t make sense for me to make my own.

If it were paid, however, I’d agree with providing usable files outside of the oddly specific software you chose to create them in.

2 Likes