Convert ViewportFrames to images?

Can anybody think of a fast way I could convert my Viewport Frames to images? They won’t be out in the next week or so and I want my game out for Chr1stm4s!

I have been using them to make shop images and I have over 100 items displaying. I need to just use the images they’re generating for now. Is there a way I could do that without manually taking screenshots of each item (and then fixing them in external photo editing software…)

2 Likes

Model thumbnails.

4 Likes

That’s a great answer, but it means I’ll be uploading hundreds of models. It’s probably the best way to do this though. Thanks

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Update: It took hours but I finally did it.

To anyone wondering how to do this, basically make everything in the ViewportFrame a model and place its CurrentCamera in the model. Name the camera “ThumbnailCamera”. Save it. Then, to get the image, use the asset thumbnail web API:
https://developer.roblox.com/articles/Web-APIs

11 Likes

That’s nice. Have you found any batch feature in studio that could allow you to speed up?

I used the command bar to speed the camera thing up but otherwise it was incredibly painful.

3 Likes

I was looking into doing this myself but wasn’t quite sure what you meant by “Save it”. Could you, or anyone, please elaborate what you meant by that?

Hey, sorry for the late response. By “Save it” I meant upload the model with the ThumbnailCamera. Then, save the image of that model.

Happy thumbnail-making!