Cookie popup displays after declined?

Cookie prompt shows after declined on every page (dev hub and dev forum).

Goto developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference decline cookies and refresh page.

The cookie popup will show again even though you have made the choice to decline the cookies.
24JTldDSTV

2 Likes

I would imagine this is intentional behaviour designed to frustrate you into accepting, its quite a common tactic ive seen on many websites.

2 Likes

This isn’t a bug, it’s a consequence of declining cookies. Cookies are used to track all kinds of things between pages… including whether or not pop-ups have been shown yet.

6 Likes

Although I’m not a legal expert, I believe this is intentional behavior and commonplace. I’ll confirm with the team and update this thread if that isn’t the case.

1 Like

My general expirience with cookie popups are they do not show up again once opted out e.g when clicking on cookie consent.

Either way from a user expirience point of view “Decline” is very misleading. A small close or X would be clearer but mostly the overall size the popup take up far too much of the screen.

I have also just found another issue related to how the cookie popup is shown. See below.
vWGjq1uLpj
@Ozzypig Let me know if you want me to make a new post of this.

1 Like

If you have uBlock Origin, you can right click on the popup & block it. It’ll prevent it from re-appearing after you’ve declined. This is especially annoying on mobile though.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.