Cool game im making

I also just got this bug
https://gyazo.com/5830bfdd38f50ff674299097060f08c9
I spawned and my character keeps blinking and cannot pick up the ball.

Seems like theres a bug causing blinking and inability to pick up the ball. Leaving and rejoining fixes it temporarily. they can start blinking again seemingly randomly.

2 Likes

explodes out of pure agony
ill try fixing it i swear

btw yall blinking means you’re stunned, the blinking is normal but the stunned not turning off is really werid

Super cool game so far!
Simple suggestions: Since the bird is holding the ball downwards with it’s leg, imo it’s be better that it also shoots downwards. That would look way cooler I think! Maybe I would also consider lowering the speed of the birds or maybe even allowing a sort of “sprint” where the bird is faster when holding shift etc. Superpowers would also be cool, like boosts, dropping fake balls where only the team knows the correct ball etc. Other than that, so far nothing to complain except I couldn’t test it with someone else :sweat_smile: Good luck!

1 Like

This is actually very fun to play, keep it up.

It did take time before I figured out how to move but I guess you will add the controls later.

Really nice game

1 Like

mm that would be kinda bad and just another extra step for shooting

i think dashing kinda solves the role of a way of getting faster

yeah i might add it, if it doesnt make the game unnecessarily complicated

YIPEE NEW GAME!!! This is pretty fun, and I imagine even better with someone to actually compete against :sweat_smile:. I know this is still heavily work in progress, but I wanted to share a few things. I think powerups or something to add a little more action would be cool. It would also be super awesome if there was a total chaos mode where tons of things are going on at once and it would take a lot of skill to manage it all. So yeah, more skill based things at the moment in my opinion.

Why would that be bad/worse in your opinion?

What is dashing?

if i am understanding correctly, you are proposing the player shoots downwards

which requires the player to rotate 90 degrees to get the ball where they want to go, this is just a unnessery step to shooting while providing no improvements at all

well a dash forward, if you’re asking how to use it, right click without a ball, since you shoot with a ball, right click or holding without a ball in hand can let you dash forward with a sudden velocity

It’s a good game so far, but it lacks sound effects and music, and the map is also lacking. GUI could also use a bit of work.

Yes, but atleast for me my mind was thinking that way since the ball is there anyway and the legs make it look like that’s the logical thing to do lol. But might be onlx me.

Oh ok, didn’t know! But I was talking about slowing down the speed a little bit. It’s pretty “aggressive”, atleast at the beginning. One gets used to it after some time though, but still maybe worth a shot. Or an actual slow down button? This may allow sudden attacks players don’t expect, like ducking below them etc.

I like it. However for the WASD movement I think you should change it to the bird goes to where the mouse is. This would make it a lot more satisfying and controllable.

yeah, but i want the control to be a bit challenging to new players, i have thought of a mouse system, but it just takes the challenge away and makes it too easy in my opinion, plus, it makes the player focus on their cursor rather then their character, make the player even easier to get lost

1 Like

i feel like the current speed is the lowest i can go without making the game feel “slow” and unprogressive, don’t get me wrong, i like slow paced gameplay, but this game is just not one.
the slow button is actually the dash button :shock: the dash button slows you down and give you a major speed boost when you let go, whic could be good for the surprise attack you’re talking about

i guess im turning this into a devlog, it won’t be a consistant schdule like last devlog
anyway
introducing… EMOTES
(only 6 rn lol)
with a full on inventory system, you can express youself using quick keybinds!

Woah

WOAH (ignore the bird its a test)

WOAHHHHHHH

Screenshot 2024-02-10 at 2.02.35 PM
live bird reaction to this update

1. remove the background when the icon gets selected and displayed.
  2. rename “Emotes” to “Stickers” because emotes are animation and stickers are like image reactions.

Nice silly game to play when bored

wdym by remove the background?