Cool zipline maker!

It can be angled, it was just an example, also yeah :frowning: its not physics based like parkour, but im not a scripter so it was the best I could do. Thanks for the feedback (oh yeah and it DOESNT keep your momentum, so i need to add that)

7 Likes

You mean if you jump off it does not add the speed to the player jump?

3 Likes

No, it doesn’t. I will add this tommorow though so keep an eye out :cowboy_hat_face: (at least ill try)

6 Likes

Hey everybody, I just made a small change which allows for easier customization, look on the post for more info :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s really hard to make a angled zipline with your model since it has to be aligned with the player

1 Like

What do you mean? just rotate the model and the player will rotate with it when they get on.

It works, here is a video which shows it working fine. It is rotated 90 degrees from the original rotation.

I’m not sure what you mean, but rotate the whole model, not the thing named “decoration” in the model, because the “startPos” and “endPos” need to be rotated too.

Heya the link you posted doesn’t seem to work anymore. Would you be able to update it?

It got taken down because my account is banned until tomorrow. I’ll upload the link
then. HOWEVER, I do believe I have a download of it.
ZiplineSystem (1).rbxm (7.6 KB)

1 Like

Absolute legend, thank you! I’ll try it now

1 Like

Hi everyone, not sure if anyone still looks at this. But I decided tomorrow that I will try to remake it but this time physics based. I mean how hard could it be? Just some welds right? (Fore shadowing)

Yes, do it! that would be great! go for it! make sure you can jump off of it at any point!

and speed!

any idea how to do this but allowing the player to start at any point on the zipline?

no idea. i havent seen any tutorials but that was one of the things i wish i new how to do, if i find out ill update it!

alright then, ill be waiting, thanks king!

I think I have an idea of how to do it!

2 Likes

could you possible dm me how too?

After I figure out how to do it,…

also do you know how the zip line can be slightly curved or bowed and they follow it… like if it was a rope that had an arc?

similar to Flood Escape ziplines?

ill try to do that eventuatlly becasue ive been working on other things besides that but hopefully ile figure it out. i have an idea.

can u send a picture of what flood zip lines look like?

Thanks