Copy pasting text between script editor windows is inconsistent

I have isolated a specific 100% repro for my experience with the “Copy and paste not working” topic that has never been resolved throughout these years because of a lack of one.

My case deals exclusively with copying text, so I don’t know if it’s the same as other topics with copying roblox instances. This occurs in a very specific environment setup and input conditions, but bear with me, it happens at least a dozen times each day because these conditions are very common.

Bug:
Using the Ctrl + C shortcut to copy text in a script window fails to copy to the clipboard

Repro Conditions:

1. Must be using Ctrl + C to copy
  2. Must be copying text from an unfocused script window
  3. Must click the new script window only once - in the action of highlighting the text to copy
  4. The new focused script editor window must be in the “undocked” mode, meaning it is in its own window and not imbedded into the studio
    (this actually makes a difference)

Video demo
This is clearer with a keyboard visualizer, but I will make my best attempt to walk through my intentions

As I highlight the text in ModuleScript2, I am pressing Ctrl + C to copy.
I immediately go back to ModuleScript1 and press Ctrl + V to paste, but this only pastes the first snippet I copied initially.

Note that I am highlighting the text in ModuleScript2 in the same click that focuses into the window.

If I click once, then click again to highlight, the issue will not occur.
I do this at the very end of the video to verify the small but critical input difference.

Conclusion
There are a lot of conditions here, but they are met almost every time with my workflow habits.
As a result, this one of the most reoccurring studio workflow blockers when programming with multiple modulescripts on two monitors.

If something here isn’t described clearly, I am happy to clarify a repro step or condition in further detail.

EDIT: Fixed typo of Ctrl + S instead of Ctrl + C

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

3 Likes

Sorry for the long wait but this should be fixed now :white_check_mark:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.