Copyright Claims

The grammar I used was correct, but I will rephrase what I said to help you understand with a scenario:

1. Developer A creates a house model.
  2. Developer B takes the house model without permission (whether with exploits, or other methods of stealing assets).
  3. Developer B uploads the house model to Free Models as if they own the asset.
  4. Developer C sees the house model in Free Models, uses it in their game.
  5. Developer A sees Developer C is using the house model, and because Developer A never gave Developer B or Developer C permission to use it, files a DMCA Takedown Request to Developer C.
  6. Developer C doesn’t know why they got in trouble, thinking the house model was free to take, when in fact it wasn’t.
  7. Developer C is still in trouble because it’s their responsibility to find out who made the original house model before using it.

This is what I’m suggesting the original post was implying. I highly doubt the original post was suggesting that a free model was reuploaded (like what you’re suggesting), because that’s a really basic and straightforward situation with an obvious answer (being, yes, obviously you can use a free model that’s reuploaded by someone else, so long as you know for certain the original model is also free). I’m not going to split hairs further on this.

1 Like

I think your suggesting that Dev A’s model is a private model. Only for himself, but I don’t think that it is a likely scenario that SOMEONE just HAPPENS to be looking at this public and private guy’s models and then steals one of his private models. A lot of people (and i don’t know why) have their inventory restricted for viewing plus roblox is pretty secure. I don’t even know the last time I saw an exploiter and next if they use it everyday then they would just look in the section of the toolbox that shows your models, why would they look it up in the public models anyways and what’s the chances that Dev A will go into Dev C’s game and say “Hey that’s is my model.”

It’s widely known that all game geometry is easy to take from a game. And people upload assets taken from a variety of methods just as often, which is why it’s so important to tell devs to be mindful of where they source their assets from.

Asset theft happens often, both on Roblox and outside of Roblox. Just because you don’t see it, doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Short answer, No.
Long answer: No. Because after searching around on the owner of the place (TheWildDeveloper) QSERF was made completely uncopylocked on his profile giving everyone access to it. Even @Krunnie said when you make a model you can’t get copystriked.

(Accidentally misspelled cant can mb krunnie lol)

1 Like

That is not what I said… I said that if you allow users to take your models, you can’t copyright strike them and attached a notice that can be found on the toggle.

1 Like