Copyright Termination

I’m a verified creator and I recently got terminated on roblox due to “copyright infringement”. I have sent multiple of my clothes to the copyright agent but they never took any of them down, neither gave me a ticket number. I’ve made clothes with music artists’ names on them and got terminated because I couldn’t archive them, which was the copyright agent’s job to do.
Is there anything I can do to get my account back? I’ve tried to appeal but it didn’t seem to help since they sent me strikes but I couldn’t archive my clothing. The clothes themselves aren’t even copyrighted or have any logos, it’s just the names that are copyrighted.

4 Likes

Unfortunately any use of copyrighted or trademarked material (including names, logos, images, songs etc.) without permission can get you shut down if the owner catches you using their property.

Who is the ‘copyright agent’ you sent them to? Do you mean when you submitted your clothing to Roblox? It’s not up to the moderator bots to catch all these issues.

I had a game removed for having the name ‘Formula One’ just in the title. It doesn’t matter that I didn’t realize it was a copyrighted/trademarked name. Now I’m just more careful to take note of the DMCA rules.

1 Like

I will say: you could have renamed them to avoid this, if the names were the only issue.

That being said, this does seem unreasonable, as usual. They should’ve taken into account that you tried to get them to remove the other assets.

Just pester them as much as you can, that is the only course of action. E-mail the copyright team, use the support form, even call them during working hours (via Skype should be free, if you’re not in the US). You’re unlikely to get past the bot with the call center, as you’re unlikely to get more than a template reply with e-mails, but just keep at it. Keep repeating that you tried to get them to take the rest of the assets down, but they didn’t - try to mention it in every message you send.

It took me about 2 weeks of daily pestering to get my account un-terminated (false “inappropriate content” accusation). I’m not saying it will work, but maybe you’ll eventually run into a reasonable person who will actually read what you’re saying and will show some good will.

3 Likes

I renamed them and they still got taken down, because when I rename them, then I’m changing the title of the clothing piece, not the template used when uploading the piece, I’ll keep emailing them to see.

1 Like

I had a group for music artists clothing, all my designers were complaining that they’re getting copyright strikes and I was one of them. The clothes that were getting copyrighted are 1-3 years old, I’ve also emailed copyright_agent@roblox.com to take all my clothes down but never got a response back. I’ve also heard that the copyright agent email doesn’t work anymore so there’s no chance of archiving your copyrighted items anymore

1 Like

Ah, ok, that’s a much better description of your issue.
I just searched copyright_agent@roblox.com and found quite a few posts about getting no response (or just bot responses) from them.

Try posting a bug report about it linking all those posts containing this problem and that because you didn’t get results from your email you’ve lost your account. If you are unable to post a bug report here’s a link: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/cant-post-bug-reports-or-feature-requests/2009361

If nobody has actually posted a bug report about this issue and just mentioned it in forum posts then maybe it’s something they are unaware of.

1 Like

The copyright agent email does work, it’s the point of contact for all Roblox DMCA / other legal notices. You’re probably just being ignored by them with a request like this. They used to respond within hours to my notices, it now takes a matter of days for me.

1 Like