CoreGui errorPrompt (line 343)

In the Developer Console, on the Client tab, I am seeing the following error (see screenshot below). I am wondering if it is safe to ignore this error, or what can be done to fix it?

This looks to be an issue on Roblox’s side. There’s nothing that you can do to fix this, and probably don’t have to worry about it.

6 Likes

I went ahead and joined two random games for seeing if it might be just your game and this might be going on for all games. I checked the client Developer Console for

• Kohl’s Admin House NBC
  • Shouting Simulator

It seems it’s for all games, does this affect gameplay too?

1 Like

I have not noticed any affect on gameplay.

It’s just Roblox. They have probably been making some code changes and most likely know about the issue. As @Dandystan pointed out, there is nothing that you can do as it also happens in studio. If you think it affects gameplay, make a bug report with all of the required details.

Other than that though, there is nothing you can do.

I looked into the code and it’s about errorPrompt being nil in this function:

local function onScreenSizeChanged()
	local newWidth = RobloxGui.AbsoluteSize.X
	if screenWidth ~= newWidth then
		screenWidth = newWidth
		errorPrompt:resizeWidth(screenWidth)
	end
end

EDIT: errorPrompt is set on line 84 and line 245

EDIT 2: They also commented out setting errorPrompt for xbox on line 82

-- might have different design on xbox
-- if GuiService:IsTenFootInterface() then
-- errorPrompt = ErrorPrompt.new("XBox")

I’d move this to a separate thread reporting the bug.

Yeah all of the games (I think) has this issue and its sometimes annoying to me when I am error debugging in-game.

Sorry for the inconvenience and we are actively fixing this log spam and the fix will be out at the next 2 release. This log would not affecting the functionality while we need this for clients to resolve some problems for those places in the blacklist of new UI backend not having the prompt showing up.
Thanks again for your understanding!

4 Likes