CoreGuiChatConnections not being registered by CoreScripts in VR?

Currently, I am creating a VR-Compatible game. Players using a VR device are able to chat with those that don’t. Chat is shown on a VR player’s Left Arm, an easily accessible place for them to see what everyone is saying. To show other VR players’ chat, I must recreate the MessagePosted event used by CoreGuiChatConnections and fire it with the string the player types in. This has been working correctly until recently when calling SetCore started returning an error, completely breaking chat.

Apparently, CoreScripts doesnt register CoreGuiChatConnections. This is very frustrating, because it stops VR players from communicating to others.
To reproduce this bug, simply call

game.StarterGui:SetCore("CoreGuiChatConnections",{["ChatWindow"] = {["MessagePosted"] = Instance.new("BindableEvent")}})

I know it is not my code that is causing this issue, because the example code for CoreGuiChatConnections on the developer wiki is also throwing errors.

Edit: I have taken a look at the CoreScripts that set up CoreGuiChatConnections, and it looks like in a recent update they removed CoreGuiChatConnections’ ability to be registered on clients that use VR. This is extremely annoying for me because I will probably need to fork default chat systems in order to fire a custom MessagePosted event. image
(This bug happens In-Game, not just in Studio)

5 Likes

Bump, why no staff member replied on this? im having the same exact issue and i gotta add that task.wait(1) just to fix this issue (not on VR but on roblox studio PC)

Zrzut ekranu 2024-04-28 195048