CoreGui/Topbar Design Inconsistencies

The brand new topbar is really nice except for a few things. First off, the close button does not match the style at all. It is a large white square unlike all the other buttons which have rounded corners and are semi-transparent.

Additionally, I believe that the playerlist should match the position of the button on the top right. The inconsistent padding looks strange.

When the menu is opened, the difference in padding becomes more noticeable. See how the edge is peeking out past the button and menu.

Additionally, the Roblox icon is a gradient while the chat icon is plain white.

Also, I feel like the icons should probably be filled so they somewhat match the style of the Roblox logo which is not outlined.

If Roblox were to address this, the core GUI would look more consistent and this would improve the experience for both players and developers.

28 Likes

I will link my post here

I talked about the inconsistencies about opening the leaderboard with tab vs. using the context menu

Additionally
Gradient inconsistencies with the buttons

3 Likes

In Roblox’s files the white X has rounded edges. I believe they forgot to use Slice Center to add the rounded edges back.

1 Like

the reason for that is propably the background transparency

If that was the case then wouldn’t the entire thing just be a white square because the X inside is transparent?

2 Likes

Complete downgrade, UI is lazy and unneeded. I could recreate the top bar in < 2 minutes if I wanted to. Please stop downgrading your content, Roblox.

7 Likes

I absolutely don’t like the exit button because its really plain and it doesn’t match with the other UI’s, which is true.

2 Likes

No they didn’t. Whenever I enter one of my games, it displays a warning, saying that they passed the limit of slice center. I didn’t really test it in different games and situations, but I’m quite sure that is the problem

Big agree with a lot of the alignment and consistency points. The new UI is great but out of the box it doesn’t look very good when its viewed all together.

my biggest annoyance is the corner sizes, spacing on the left, and colour difference in the top right UI elements.

3 Likes

I don’t mean to pile on, and do recognize that the Studio team is working hard to improve user experience, but in this case, I also prefer the previous bar. My game GUI was built up against the old top bar, which functioned as a screen border. The removed new bar completely breaks the look, and I understand the option to adjust transparency will be deprecated.

I’m very new to all things Studio but have a hard time understanding how to commit to any type of game design while the underlying platform is not consistent.

Capture1
Capture2

3 Likes