Corrupted sound instances that always play when the game starts

I have certain sounds in my Team Create place that always play when the game starts on the client, and there doesn’t seem to be a way to stop them from playing. They always have the “Playing” / “IsPlaying” properties enabled.

I can disable them locally while in studio, and this issue will stop for the current team create session; however this does not actually solve the issue, as whenever I restart studio, the issue comes back, and playing the game from the website will still cause these sounds to play when the game starts.

Things I’ve tried:

• Setting “Playing” to false from the properties window
  • Calling sound:Stop() by script
  • setting sound.IsPlaying to false by script

The only thing that works is to delete the sound instances entirely, and replaced them with an “uncorrupted” sound instance that doesn’t play when the game starts.

3 Likes

Hi DataBrain, do you have an .rbxl file that you can share that can be used to reproduce the problem? Ore does the problem go away if the place is exported and then re-imported?

2 Likes

I don’t like sharing entire place files, but I managed to find a way to reproduce it.

1. Create a part
  2. Create a sound under that part, and give it some ID
  3. Set that sound to “Looping”
  4. Under the sound, create a script with the following line of code:
script.Parent:Play()

Should look something like this:
5. Start a Play Solo test by hitting f5
6. Copy the sound and paste it into another place file in ReplicatedStorage; you can delete the script underneath

The sound should have IsPlaying enabled, and turning it off in studio will not reset its playing state.
Here’s a place where the sound is in ReplicatedStorage, and it will always be playing when the game starts. Turning it off in studio and then saving the place file seems to work locally, so this issue seems to only affect Team Create.
Sound bug repro.rbxl (15.3 KB)

1 Like

Thank you for the place file and the instructions. So far I am unable to reproduce the problem.

1 Like

I downloaded the rbxl file and played it.
The first time I thought I heard something but was not sure.
The second time I used the volume mixer and watched for activity and there was some and it was repeating and with the volume up I heard it.

1 Like