Corrupting unions?

I’ve been working on something that had a lot of unions.
I was inactive for maybe 5 hours, and when i restarted studio, 90% of the unions were gone.
Does someone have a fix for this?

3 Likes

A while back something similar happened due to my bad internet connection at the time which deleted a union I was working on, also do you publish your game if you do then you can revert it to a past update.

2 Likes

Similar issue, consider disabling CSGv2.

3 Likes

Nope, it’s just a file on my desktop.
And I never really had problems with my internet.

3 Likes

I’ll try that. But will it also make the already corrupted stuff revert to normal?

2 Likes

More of a suggestion but,
Maybe instead of using tons of unions which could greatly affect the amount of lag in-game if used in quantity… try converting it into a Meshpart.

1. Right-Click union/parts
  2. ‘Export Selection’
  3. Save the model somewhere
  4. Insert Meshpart
  5. Under properties click the folder within MeshID
  6. Insert your mesh
  7. Done, this is an efficient strategy that I tend to use a lot.

Typically in my case I use Low Poly n Smooth Plastic a lot so I keep things as parts but if you plan to use textures of any sports resort to meshes.

3 Likes

I’ve already repeatedly contacted Roblox support about this. But they always reply with the same steps I already did like 3 times now.

2 Likes

Thanks, I can try that as well as disabling CSGv2.

2 Likes

Unions in great quantities can make Roblox Studio very dodgy. When there is no internet connection or sometimes for no reason whatsoever, studio will refuse to show them. That is normal. I recommend you restart your computer, and reopen.

My general recommendation is use unions and grouping parts 50/50, as too complex unions take forever to process, and become increasingly more likely to corrupt and load in games. Whilst too many parts have obvious downsides as well, taking much more loading time.

In general balancing the two is more efficient.

2 Likes

Also V2 CSG is much better than V1 CSG. You will find many issues if you primarily use CSG V1 due to it being a legacy mechanic.

I recommend it realistically for smooth part details on a larger build.

2 Likes

Yeah, this unions problem has been a thing for months now I believe. I made a post about it a while ago,

2 Likes

I’ve made many posts regarding the issue and roblox has just pushed it to the side acting like its a minor bug, when in fact its a big deal. Even though this happens frequently, the Glitch Fest of September 21st (That’s what I am calling the event) could have effected the unions, and I made a clear bug report on how my place was deleted disregarding the area was a local file… so ya that maybe the problem.