Could a game have 200 Max Players?

It’s a question I’ve been asking myself for a while now from seeing some games being able to have 100 or even 200 max players meanwhile the max is only 50 Players per server.

If this is possible, which I really think it is, how do you enable it on your own games or does only a specific group of players get this feature? Please hook me up if you know something I don’t, thanks!

23 Likes

It is, you have to be on the beta testers list which is located here.

7 Likes

How do you become apart of it?

2 Likes

Just reply with your username/ID

2 Likes

Says that I don’t have access to the topic.

3 Likes

Basic user

5 Likes

Apologies, What do you mean by that?

1 Like

Oh interesting. Sorry I thought you were a part of the forums. You can apply for full dev forums access properly somewhere around here. @Nightgaladeld

1 Like

I already applied for it and I was sent an invitation email just today but what do you mean by properly apply?

1 Like

Oh whaaat.

That’s super weird then. Normally if you got an acceptance email you get full access. @Nightgaladeld what’s going on?

When you first get accepted to the devforum now, you may start out as a Basic User for a 6 month trial period. Once you’ve finished that trial period, you can then re-apply to become a Member and gain full access to the forums.

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/upcoming-changes-additions-to-the-roblox-developer-forum/59393

5 Likes

Just sent an email to developer relations, super confused.

Oh thanks!

Basically, Roblox has instituted a “Basic User” role on the forum. Basic Users only have the privilege of posting topics to the Development Support Section (this one you are currently in.) We also have privileges to see a few other topics that “visitor” ranks usually don’t, but don’t have the ability to reply to those threads, or to start threads in those sections. You can however reply to threads in the Inception Forum section, where you can find the Meme Thread and Introduction Thread.

Like Cindering said. You are now on a 6 month trial, and after that trial you can request again to Roblox’s DevRel team to upgrade you from Basic User to Member, where you will get full access to the Roblox Dev Forums.

Typically Basic Users are referred to as “not being members” of the forum. I believe this isn’t to be mean, and say we don’t belong, but due to the fact we are literally not the “Member” rank.

2 Likes

Funny thing is that I was accepted just before the change. Couple days before.
If not I would probably be a basic user too.
Glad I’m not. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, Everything gets clearer now. I will as a little bit confused at the beginning. Thank you!

Damn

Roblox has actually been setting up the basic user program for a few months before that (kept people in a waiting list to be accepted as basic users), so you would have become a member directly either way.

1 Like

I got told about a month or two prior to being a Basic User that I had a “front row seat” to the DevForum. This, I found out later, to be the Basic User program. So, no. Like Thomas said, you would’ve still been accepted as a full member, rather than the BU Hell. :frowning:

1 Like

New people have to wait 6 months before they can access the rest of the dev forums?

2 Likes