Could I get in trouble for this shirt?

Title is self explanatory. But my main problem is the front image

Shirt:

2 Likes

Yes, this merch can get copyrighted from Nintendo.

3 Likes

So do I just put it off sale? Limit

1 Like

Nintendo are strict itself, they don’t allow their assets being used outside their platform.

1 Like

Maybe, i’m not expert at forum.

Sorry for little late response, i got error saying that

1 Like

Your situation is quite bad ngl.

It’s 100% DMCA’d, and if Nintendo filed a DMCA takedown for this, you’d get terminated (most likely)

There’s a way you could delete the shirt 100% off the whole platform, but for now, do the following steps really quickly!

• Take the shirt offsale,

• Change it’s name to a dash, and make it ‘descriptionless’,

• Disable comments for it. (That’s not really important but do it tho)

• Remove it from the Creator Store. (If you published it there)

• Delete it from your inventory

• And the most important step, make it so no one can see your inventory, even friends.

Once you’ve done that, copy the shirt URL, then contact copyright_agent@roblox.com, send them the shirt link, and ask them directly to delete this shirt (whose link is sent)

They’ll reply to you after a few days, saying that they received your request and started to work on deleting the shirt, and that no strike or moderation should be applied on your account as a result of this request.

Once they reply with that, they’ll start working on deleting it. When they delete it, they’ll email you telling you that the archive request has been completed, so no need to figure it out.

Yes, this has been requested by me, I had copyrighted shirts on my account and I asked them to delete these shirts.

You can also make sure it was really deleted by going to the shirt link. If it led you to the Catalog , and not the shirt, then it’s deleted.

And to be honest, there’s another way you can delete your shirt, and I’m not sure which way deleted my shirt, is it Roblox Support or copyright_agent@roblox.com?

Do both. Go to Roblox Support, fill out the form, and categorize it under DMCA > Asset Removal Request, then in Description of issue, paste the shirt URL and ask them directly to delete the shirt.

Once you’ve done that and contacted both and asked both to delete your shirt, you can’t seem to do anything but wait for them to delete your shirt.

Next time, be careful and don’t upload copyrighted content on your account.

Good luck!

2 Likes

I’ll do so. But I won’t be terminated as it is under my group. Which has all my games… anyways thanks for the help!

Also how do I remove it from the creator store?

Sorry, my bad.

I forgot that clothing assets can’t be published to the Creator Store :sweat_smile:

I still think you’ll get terminated for it. Try to make it as unnoticeable as possible, by following the steps I mentioned in the previous reply.

I did, but I played a game that got copyrighted. The group suffered no punishment and just had to take the game down, but I don’t see why they would take me down.

1 Like

Makes sense to me.

I honestly don’t know when they terminate, ban or warn users for DMCA. Do they do it randomly or is there a system?

But most of the DMCA moderations I noticed were terminations, and most of them because of copyrighted shirts.

How do you remove something from the creator store? Isn’t that just taking something offsale?

EDIT:

Answered my own question.

2 Likes