Could not open the place "..." with exception: "User unable to open the place

This is one of the disadvantages of being forced to work with Studio always online.
Several times I am forced to stop working and fold my arms waiting for a solution …
This is not a good policy for those who develop games …

1 Like

Agreed. It’s annoying. Roblox Studio needs to be better. Cause this is getting on a lot of developers nerves.

Either it’s a downtime problem or you should restart your computer.

It’s not the computer, it’s the server’s.

Restarting my computer when I get this error works for me.

1 Like

Yeah that did work for me too, but then after a bit, it goes to trash.

Holy cow… you are right. Also can be a coincidence, but for now I’ll close this topic.
Thanks.

1 Like

Wow, really. That’s actually really cool.

Hu. Roblox is now faster again. I joined a game, and I join a lot fast than before. I think Roblox fixed the issue.

It can also be something mystical: the power of our faith influencing the servers … :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Studio isn’t working for me still.

Have you tried to restart your computer?

1 Like

Welp, I just woke up, went onto Roblox Studio to find this:
Annotation 2020-08-21 043129
And yes, I restarted my computer and this happened.

Looks like: Can't edit games, randomly getting `Could not open the place "###" with exception: "Unable to open the place"`

You’ll probably want to add more details if you have any, seems specific to a small amount of users. I can’t repro this with any of my own games.

As we talk, I was almost bragging that I was able to open my project that is on the server (in Studio), when I got the error again:

I’ll send my log via PM.
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/log/736261

… and some minutes later I could opening the project but I got this errors on Output Window:

Error while retrieving badge data: HTTP 503 (Service Unavailable)
Data returned from badge data failed.

Also while running my game (in Studio):

And, as I use DataStore2, at the end it’s not getting to save my data, so it’s freezing 30 seconds, then:

:arrow_forward: Not running script because past shutdown deadline (x8)

Just another instability problem with Roblox servers… :unamused:

1 Like

Yeah can’t repro either. Do you need certain specs or something?

It is an intermittent problem. At this point, for example, here it’s back to normal. But as you can see in the rest of the posts, there are several errors with me and others, but sometimes it starts, sometimes it returns to normal.

I believe it’s a region error, I asked people from different parts of the world and they said it is fine. I’m having this issue in EST region. It happens sometimes for me. Not every game file I open.

Update on this, I believe this issue resolved on itself. EST region seems to be back up C:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.