"Could Not Process Mesh. Please contact.......Could not be split into X meshes....."

Put simply: Import 3 FBX files containing multiple meshes

Issue: Returns error:

No specific documentation relating as to why it does not import/split up the mesh, etc. Just on text filtering.

All it is, is a realistic tree with each mesh being under 10k tris. They are all FBX exported from blender at 0.01 scale. Just a typical import situation. However, this WAS working just fine last night on Mar. 1st, doing the exact same thing.

After the initial issue encountering, I decided to re-open studio to hopefully make it work.
This popped up first thing. Afterwards, I tried again at importing, no luck.

3 Likes

This is a little old thread but I’m receiving the same issues now. I noticed in the output that it said “[file] … cannot be split into 37 meshes” , which is strange because I have seen files split into more than 37 meshes.

Hopefully there’s some clarification or a work-around!

Edit: Uploading each part of the mesh individually works instead of uploading the .fbx and having roblox split it up.

2 Likes

This also started happening to me, sometimes when importing the same fbx file it works fine and sometimes it does not. Funny thing is that it is the exact same meshes

2 Likes

I know the fact that this is last year, I got this error as well. I’ve been finding solution to this and the things I’ve tried is to select all the objects inside blender, and rename it to something more simple and it works now.

3 Likes

This is a for sure correct solution. Blender by default names objects in a complex manner upon doing certain operations in it

1 Like