Couple of question regarding an OBBY game

Hello Developers,

I was recently working on an interesting gimmick obby game “Ledge Climb Obby.”

I have run out of inspiration on what stages should I add, and I want YOUR guys’ help in this. Here’s what I need:

1. Ideas for stages
  2. How do I create stages quickly and still keep them interesting and fresh?

Any Help is Appreciated,
OceanTubez

1 Like

1: Try making easy to difficult stages, beginning at a easy point and ending at a difficult point, the difficult point can be: small blocks to jump on thing, hard wallhops not that hard though, because newbies are gonna leave your game easily
2: Create a checklist with things u need to add and so on .

Extra

3: Try making almost by yourself, it gets you more!

I’d say play a wide variety of obbys (chart obbies, easy obbies etc, tower of hell etc)
These will give you a good idea of what you CAN do however don’t copy them;
Take the mechanics they use and use that.

Figure out what difficulty you want your obby at, or if you want multiple obbys like a game like Obby but Your On A Bike where there’s World 1 World 2 (idk how many worlds there are)

Try and figure out something that none of them do; one that I did was I literally just took the entire map and shrunk it down for a stage.

I would make sure your UI isn’t take up too much space on screen if you have any, I know a lot of obbys that have speed gear, jump gear, flying carpet all over the screen for sale and loud music that just ruins the game for myself and others that I’ve played with.

2 Likes