"Crashing Coast" Logo Design

Hello! I’m VincentJSyndicate, otherwise known as SourcedInfinity, Inventize, Xuanital, and a bunch of other names. You may have seen me around the forums before as a UI designer and/or builder, along with being a contributor to some threads.

I’m doing multiple projects at once, some are for fun and some are being taken seriously. Here’s a logo for a game that I’m making based off of a very fun mobile game, Boom Beach.

What do you guys think? How can I improve on it?

Place your thoughts down below. Any feedback is helpful!

Thanks,
VJS

2 Likes

It’s uneven, the bottom right side has a lot more space then any other of the ends. And it seems pretty bland, maybe a brighter blue?

I would add some white space between here.

Looks nice! There are some improvement that could make it stand out,

• Its basic I would make it look like a really nice coast logo design not basic,

• CRASHING the stroke is touching the “CRA” but the rest are space out you should make it all space out play around with the spacing,

• Coast the big blue stroke at the bottom has little curves should be straight not curvy,

• I would make some cool looking color like this

(Don’t add that splat)

This is an example on what kinda color and such you can add to your logo design (same with “coast”)

These improvements would make it stand out more for a fun mobile game, would make people want to play it,

Other than that Looks nice! :+1:

3 Likes

I recognized there a tiny indents near the corners, which need to be fixed. Also, I recognized the letters aren’t aligned properly. Despite what I’ve mentioned, it’s a great logo.

It feels a bit bland to me. Maybe make the blue outline have a slight gradient along with the dark gray one as well. It’s not bad it just seems unfinished to me. I think your on the right track though. Keep it up!

If nothing else, just fix these. I know that they’re there because the blue section is an outline to the text, but with the gaps being that insignificant it fails to look like either a text outline or a backing.

So either fill them in to make it a plate/backing for the text to sit on
Or make the blue outline smaller so that it actually looks like an outline.

2 Likes

I’m definitely liking the basic concept of your logo! As others said, there are a few things that could be adjusted, such as some gaps in the text outlines, which would be a good start on improving on your logo. One technique that I frequently use and would recommend to you in this case to spruce up your logo is the use of a lighter color gradient on the inside of the text, or on the blue text outline. It doesn’t have to be a pure color based gradient, either. For example, you could implement a dot gradient (or other similar shape based gradient) to flare it up a bit with some detail! I’ve attached an example picture to show what I am talking about.

Generally, I would use a brighter, darker, or contrasting color on gradients. I wish you good luck on your game and logo!

If you tell us more about the game and it’s style, we may be able to guide you in creating a better logo

1 Like

Well, it’s based off of an island-invasion type online multiplayer mobile game called Boom Beach.

It’s supposed to be militaristic and somewhat realistic, while keeping a cartoonish feel to the game.

I feel for a type of game that is based off an island type of atmosphere, I would add some elements such as palm trees or some kind of texturing to the text. Possibly palm trees on one side then a bomb on the other to show both sides of the game.

Update, based off of replies:

Tell me your thoughts below.

3 Likes

It’s good, but you need to add some water surrounding it, and a background. Besides that, it’s much better than the first one.

I definitely like the update better, it gives off more information for the game without having to read the description.