Crashing to Export Meshes from Roblox Studio

Reproduction Steps

1. Open your Roblox Studio application;
  2. Open an existing place/create a new place using templates;
  3. Import one of your recent meshes to Roblox Studio in a .fbx file, using either “Bulk Import” (located at Asset Manager) or the new feature “Import 3D”;
  4. While being imported, and modified as you enable a few properties to make it better (such as DoubleSided), right-click on the model’s name at the Explorer tab;
  5. Select the option “Export Selection”;
  6. Export the following mesh as a .obj file.

Expected Behavior

I expected that it would export straight away, so I could use it and import it to software that works with 3D modeling.

Actual Behavior

After selecting and pressing to save it as a .obj, it does not export and either appears a warning message that couldn’t manage to do so/simply shows the screen of the Studio in white, meaning that it crashed.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Crashing
Impact: Critical
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2023-02-22 00:23:55 (UTC-3)
Date Last Experienced: 2023-02-23 00:00:20 (UTC-3)

Specs:

This bug sometimes appears out of the blue when trying to export normal models and/or meshes.

2 Likes

The affected file was removed from the Dev Forum post to the request of the OP!
It was added to our ticket, therefore our engineers will have access. We will update the thread as soon as we have news!

Thanks for the report!

4 Likes

Hi, I tried to reproduce the issue with a few different meshes and was unsuccessful. Do you have example files that consistently cause the issue?