Create a keyboard shortcut to Replace All in the Script Editor

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to make a replace in the script editor using only the keyboard.
Currently, I can use ctrl+h to open the replace window, but to perform Replace All I have to use the mouse:

The optimal steps should be:

1. Ctrl+H to open the replace window
  2. Type the search string
  3. Tab
  4. Type the replace string
  5. Press a keyboard shortcut to replace all (ex: Ctr+Alt+Enter)

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because this will help the editor to be more mouse free.

1 Like

Hey there, we’ve just launched a beta feature which can help address this concern, Multi-Cursor Script Editing! The function “Add Cursor to All Matching Selections” was made specifically for use cases like this!

Currently it finds matches based on the characters in the selection. In the future we will be adding the ability to match by case/whole word as well.

We hope that this addresses your needs and improves your development experience!

2 Likes

My request would be something simpler, that is, to allow associating a keyboard shortcut with a Replace All button.
In fact, this is a generic need in whole Studio, as many buttons and functions were created without thinking about the keyboard and, within the shortcut customization screen, not all buttons are included, as mentioned in the OP.

1 Like

Makes sense! We will take a look at this :slight_smile:

2 Likes