Special thanks to @Markos_Lightspeed
Shortcut Buddy is a new plugin which with you can easily make top bar, or any buttons for your game using the plugin button editor. The plugin comes with automatic button script creation that also saves.
Note that the plugin is released in a test version!
Name - The name of the button.
Button Class - Can be Topbar or a Screen button!
Size and Position - In case of a Topbar button, you can only edit it’s width, but for a Screen button, you can change the position and size too!
Display Text - What should appear on the button, or next to the icon the button.
Icon - Disable or enable it. You can customize the image that would appear on the button, or even the alignment of the image!
Update on July 17th (version 0.2.1)
- Fixed minor button selection issues
- The plugins now saves your buttons per place, it won’t work in offline places. It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you create a copy of your button scripts before updating!
Update on July 16th (version 0.2)
- Contains a major UI redesign (more colors). The Button Position and Size Properties are not mispositioned anymore and minor design fix for drop-down menus.
- (new) Icon Alignment option, with “Left” or “Right” alignments. Yes, the text adapts to this property!
- Button selection system to collectively remove buttons
- You must have either an icon or text on your button. First, add a text to disable the icon.
- Set a text limit on Shortcut Name (min 3, max 17 letters), Button Text (maximum 30 letters) and the Button Width cannot be longer than the Topbar frame’s length.
- Every time the plugin UI is opened, the plugin is refreshed to fix potential issues, but no saves will be overwritten
- Fixed an issue where a button’s list item would duplicate while creating one button
- Fixed the Gui within
StarterGui(“ShortcutBuddy”) not being able to be removed. Now you can even rename it and it will save to the plugin. Removing this gui won’t have an affect to the plugin’s behavior
InteractionScriptsaving issues. Renaming it isn’t recommended
- Fixed major error with created buttons not appearing in running Studio games
No known issues.
- If there is an error when pressing the Edit button, re-open your place as it is a temporary issue
Plugin Link: Shortcut Buddy
That’s all there is to it. Please write suggestions and design ideas into replies! For issues, message me (on Roblox)!