Create Humanoid Model From Description not consistent with names of returned model

When using CreateHumanoidModelFromDescription to load R6 characters via the second parameter, the name of the model is always “erik.cassel” (regardless of the description provided)

print(game.Players:CreateHumanoidModelFromDescription(Instance.new("HumanoidDescription"), Enum.HumanoidRigType.R6).Name)
-- > erik.cassel

but if you create a model using R15, the name of the model is “Player” (also regardless of description provided)

print(game.Players:CreateHumanoidModelFromDescription(Instance.new("HumanoidDescription"), Enum.HumanoidRigType.R5).Name)
-- > Player

or

print(game.Players:CreateHumanoidModelFromDescription(Instance.new("HumanoidDescription")).Name)
-- > Player
4 Likes

If I recall correctly, this is because those are the names of the models located in the game’s files in the \Roblox\Versions\version-x\content\avatar directory. Try loading the character.rbxm and the characterR15.rbxm models and the names should match up.

1 Like

character.rbxm is erik.cassel

characterR15.rbxm is Player

this is with the latest release

2 Likes

Exactly. It looks to me those are the models that CreateHumanoidModelFromDescription refer to.

1 Like

My point is that they should both be "Player" or "Player"..rigType in the name of consistency

3 Likes

We’ll fix this so both R6 and R15’s both have the default name ‘Player’

6 Likes

Thanks for your patience, As of now, this issue should now be resolved! If this issue is still occurring, please create a new topic for us to look into.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.