"Create new game" doesn't set Creator based on publish modal drop down selection

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to create new experiences for groups. The UX design for the create button is horrid: when I select a group instead of “My Games” in the dropdown menu, I expect that when I select “Create new place” it will set the Creator field to the group automatically. It does not do this, leading me to unnecessarily create more experiences on my profile.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I could enjoy logical UX flow and create experiences quickly for development purposes through reduction of clicks. It’s easy to make a mistake with the current UX flow because you expect that if you select a group in the publish modal, then create new game would create a new experience in the group.

For those who like visuals, here’s my expectation: when I open the publish modal and select a group:

I expect that the Creator field is automatically filled out to this group and not my profile:

This will help reduce the amount of times I accidentally and unnecessarily create places on my profile that I won’t end up ever using. This UX flow is also significantly more logical - I would not, in a standard environment, expect to need to reclarify what entity I want to be interacting with. The create page, if applicable, should be taking my choice from the publish page into account.

It’s easy to say “just be careful and confirm your choices” but that doesn’t excuse the fact that the UX for experience creation is bad.

13 Likes