Create Preset Animations tab under Animations in Avatar Menu

Create Preset Animations tab under Animations in Avatar Menu

Another feature request from myself woop woop.

At the current point in time the Roblox Avatar menu has five categories:

• Recent (Most recent items)
  • Clothing
  • Body
  • Animations
  • Costumes

When you buy an animation bundle such as the Levitation animation bundle for your own ease it is given its own singular button to equip all of them at once. Until about three days ago I didn’t actually realise this button even existed as it was under another section.

When you want to equip said bundle in avatar you will find it under preset costumes but then why would it be considered a costume?

Now here is a scenario which you currently can’t do:
What if I wanted to equip a preset costume without changing the animations I’ve got equipped? The simple answer is you can’t.

Where I do agree with “My Costumes” having respect for animations (as I like to have a variation of animations for each of my costumes as shown):

I personally feel that the preset costumes should only handle the costume side and only ever override animations IF the costume includes its own set of animations / has required animations to provide a better aesthetic.

So what do I suggest as a new feature maybe?

1. Under the animations tab would then be included a “Preset” button to which I can equip my animation bundles instead of it being held under costumes. As I stated before I honestly never considered animation bundles to be considered “costumes” so I wasn’t actually aware the button existed.
    It would also help with the clutter that people with tons of costumes face. I personally have 50 different preset costumes and 5 different animation packs. Even worse, as I bought the Robot animation pack ages ago I have to scroll all the way to the bottom to equip it. I don’t personally want to have to scroll up and down irrelevant body bundles just so I can equip it.
  2. Create two new tabs labelled “Bundles” under Body and Animations respectively. That way if you want costumes that override animations then go ahead but then if you want Body bundles which only change your body look (such as 1.0 → 2.0) or animations which only change your default r15 animations (default → rthro) then you can do this with ease.

If you have any other suggestions for ideas, obviously just post below.

On a plus note:
:+1: to Roblox for providing us with modern UIs.

8 Likes

I would really like for Roblox to move Avatar Animation packs from the “Characters” tab to the “Animations” tab in the editor, accessible through a button labeled “Packs”. I believe a change like this would be beneficial for both consistency and organization; Characters and Animations are already listed in separate categories in the catalog.

Screenshot 2022-07-01 125318

2 Likes