Creating a appealing roblox game -- Tutorial / Tips by JustAGameDeveloper1

Welcome. I am JustAGameDeveloper1, showing YOU how to make a appealing roblox game.

This is old.

I am working on a new game, Bowling Masters and i’d like to show you some… tips. to make your game turn out well, not like chaos!

Yes and No to your Ad

YES: Make a fun ad for users
NO: Make a ad attempting to blind players
YES: Promise that the game has it’s official features
NO: Clickbait people. Ex: YOU GET FREE KOHL OWNER ADMIN IN THIS GAME

How to make players see your ad

It’s about the style about your Ad. You must give the features the game has, (dont be a clickbait ad) and make SURE not to include any inaproppiate content. Inaproppiate cropped content in the ad is prohibited and will get you banned / terminated from roblox.

Advertising Tricks
Method 1 (A handy use of Friends)

Share the game to your Roblox Friends, or a offline friend. This creates a game-sharing-loop.

Method 2 (Advertise your Game)

Advertise, Best way to go is advertising. Your ad blocker must be disabled for a few to upload a ad, or it will detect your ad blocker and deny that.

Method 3 (Share the game on social media)

Try a platform.
Youtube
Twitter
Facebook
Twitch

Make a sheet. Go over the amount of steps you are gonna do and do that in the studio.
Anything such as: Boring games will turn players away from your game. Your game needs to stand out on the front page! That game must become a shining star! lol

Making a game is hard work, But you know what makes players inspire? Fun, cool, games, Games such as trash obbies or games with hard-to-read-text are boring and make players leave. Make something fun to keep em coming back!

Hiring

Hire people to make your game. Dont just standalone there- they need your help too!

Hire someone to make a anti-cheat, or make it yourself

Hiring a advanced scripter is a great way to start off your anti cheat.

Dont ever try to use alternate accounts to get your game on the front page for no reason.

I repeat. DO. NOT. DO. THIS. This is a very stupid decision to do. Ask players to play your game instead of bringing your alt accounts

Do not try to hurt people's eyes with Neon as your main Material

In the Material section, there is a Material called “Neon” I HIGHLY do not recommend this use of the Neon Material to hurt players eyes. This might result in a game demotion

Do not create game titles with the title or description spamming words: Ex: Bowling masters OBBY OBBY OBBY OBBY OBBY OBBY

This drags players away from your game. Please try to avoid doing this as people will think you are NOT a good developer and will leave your game. This wont keep the players coming back, and instead, it will stop the players from coming back.

Do not create games like "ESCAPE THE.." games.

Escape they games are currently approved to all ages between 12 and 6 what i think. Horror “ESCAPE THE…” games will require: Older age rating for both 12 and 6, i’d say 18 to 17

Choose what game your age is for

You must think of a age direction for your Roblox Game. Not doing so will result in kids being scared, because it fits a theme that does not fit them.

Never give up and keep trying, Your game does NOT need to be SO perfect to reach the front page

Sometimes, developers wanna QUIT, They think they do NOT have the passion for their new, upcoming game. I think the developer who has no passion must get the passion they deserve.

But how do i get passion?

Ask for feedback by your family, or brother, sister, anyone!

Create a game that will make players to explore.

Players need to have a experience to EXPLORE, not be bored and just stand around like your trapped in a dunegon for literally no reason. P.S = You can turn this into a game idea: Your stuck into the dunegon and you gotta use teamwork to bail! Without help with your friends, your stuck!

Make a chart what players will do in their experience.

In my two upcoming games, ( One of them is adventure themed, and dont have a good name )
Look at these charts. Create a different chart for each

Charts

– Normal Chart
– What players must do while playing
– GameChart
These are all of the charts listed.

How do i fix my thumbnails? I dont think they look good.

Keep trying, your thumbnail dosen’t need to be perfect to make it stand out! It can be anything, except for stolen assets.

Making a thumbnail like:

Will not make your roblox game stand out. You must make a proper thumbnail. A thumbnail like THIS:

is PERFECT and players will see your game, Better.

Doing thumbnails like these
can make your thumbnail hard to read, and turn players away from the game.

The image credit located in

How do i fix my thumbnails? I dont think they look good.

belongs to the DeveloperHub. The images shown in the summary are not mine. Please click on

Links mentioned

to find the image credit shown.

Links mentioned

Find the links here: > Publishing Experiences and Places | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub , https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/articles/Promoting-Your-Roblox-Game, Experience Icons | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub <

Happy game-making! I hoped this solved your game-making troubles.
Cheers, JustAGameDeveloper1.

P.S = trapped in a dunegon for literally no reason. P.S = You can turn this into a game idea: Your stuck into the dunegon and you gotta use teamwork to bail! Without help with your friends, your stuck!

One of the options have that text. Can you find it? I wont give any hints :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Also, yeah, sorry if i did some things wrong :sweat_smile:

Feel free to add your suggestions for the tutorial here, lol

2 Likes

Thank you for this, it was a good read. It really helps a ton as I have never known about any of these things when developing a game before. These sure can come in quite handy for new developers who are just getting started on their journey to becoming a successful developer. I kindly appreciate your thoughtfulness into making this for others to see and learn as well as sharing your existing knowledge on this forum. I thank you very much for the in-depth description of this post.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the tutorial feedback! I hope you learned alot of things from these.

took me two hours to make the topic :frowning:

1 Like

thank you for the useful information!

also i found the text hehe

1 Like

no problem!

your joking

2 Likes

No offense, but there’s a lot of things that can be developed, a lot of tricks and tips, so if possible try to put them, for example, how to make an attractive ad? What are the necessary requirements? When should you advertise? What’s the best budget?
:smiley:

Also, your tips are not organized enough.
It’s not constructive, just a few word to word opinions.

The point is, everyone wants to teach, everyone wants to help, but remember the first person that you should help is yourself, try to learn enough before trying to make tutorials.

5 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion!

I’ll get working on that. Give me a second to make the text for the banner

1 Like

Also, the most important question, have you made a successful game before? :point_right:

1 Like

I’m still working on two of them. :sweat_smile:

Who knows? They might be.

Hey man, look, it’s like teaching how to drive without even having a car, you’ll definitely be able to guess a few points but it would certainly be wiser to teach once you’ve mastered it yourself. :]
Good luck with your games, better focus on one.

4 Likes

Thanks for the kind words! I’ll be sure to focus on one.

I might try to do

One day after one day. first one day is the first game
second one day is the second game

That might work.
Your choices.

Design, list, organize your planning before starting though!

1 Like

I’m an infinite loop of being poor because the American dream is kind of a lie.

I have great games but roblox hates poor people and won’t promote my games because i unfortunatly am one of those poor people.

In life the only way to make money is spend money but what if you dont have any money to spend?

Should we put this in DMS? Mods are gonna delete our replies

Do you want an investor? I’ll DM you, my friend got an investing corp.

1 Like

Aw, wish i could give you money but im broke
Sorry to hear man :frowning:

Sure but my games are more as a fun thing to play and not super money hungry which might turn investors off

not like roblox look at the poor stock

Are you really qualified enough to make this post really? I checked out your games and any groups you own and I don’t see any successful games so my question really is how do you know this 100%? I know personally myself I would not feel like I could make tutorial like this due to me having no past large games.

I kinda feel unless you have had a successful game in the past you can’t really make a tutorial because what your writing here is kinda just speculation. Also I feel like this tutorial is really lacking details because every part of this tutorial only have a couple of lines.

4 Likes