Creating a Infrared Opticom System in Roblox

1. What do you want to achieve? An infrared system to where when a certain part is in proximity of another it would toggle a group of events.

2. What is the issue? I have looked up and down on the forms and online and I haven’t found anything about a “infrared” system to where when one part that has a active value gets in the range specified for the other part, the scripts enable.

3. What solutions have you tried so far? I’ve used a part where it detects what team the person is on. From there, if the person is on that team and passes through the part it would toggle a light on a light pole. (images below.)

As I just said, I have a part that toggles a little light on the traffic light pole. I’ve put a video below to better show you what I have done so far.

As seen in the video, when I hit the part it toggles the lights (I made the lights blink that way) and has a light to warn that there is an on coming emergency vehicle. (This part is moved back pretty far as well to give the light time to change and to warn the vehicles.)

I’d like to be able to make a system to where there is a part on a vehicle (lets say a fire engine) and it sends a “bluetooth” signal. I made two diagrams below to show you what I’d like to achieve.

(Not Detecting)

(Clearly Detecting)

If anyone can help me out or point me in the right way it would be the most helpful!

Is this the kind of light you want? Sorry if it’s inefficient
lights.rbxl (97.9 KB)
(You can toggle the lights by driving the vehicle towards the light or away from them.)

I’m so sorry for getting back to you so late, but this some what is what I need, I like how when I get near the part it changes, but I need something to where if I get close to it, it changes the light from yellow to red on others sides, and change the side that the emergency vehicle is coming 'twards green.

TLDR ; part changes when getting to a certain distance, and then changes back out of that distance, I’m looking for something that changes the part and keeps it that way for a certain time.

ps. Thank you for making this, I know I’m not asking for a script / game, but that was very kind of you for making that!!

This was made in a hurry, so please excuse any mistakes.
lights2.rbxl (98.5 KB)

I could help with the sirens if you give me the vehicle model.

This is almost close, but I need it to be to where when the emergency lights are active they can trigger it, and if they are they dont trigger it, get what I’m saying? This is almost exactly what I need, and I can very much suffice off of this and integrate it to my system! Thank you very much with all you have done!

I don’t really understand. Could you please elaborate or send a video that points out what is wrong?

Sure, I don’t know the best way to explain it, but I’ll try my best.

When the emergency vehicles emergency lights are turned on, and is approaching a traffic light, the light that its facing should turn green and all other sides change to red. If the emergency lights are not on then the traffic light would function like normal.

I see. I can’t use studio right now so I’ll add it later.

Very sorry for the extremely late reply.
(Press L to toggle siren)
lights2.rbxl (99.4 KB)

This is perfect! I’m going to implement it strait into my game right now, you have legit helped me out so much, thank you!!!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.