Creating a pixelated screen using GUI?

I’ve been wondering, Is it possible to make a pixelated screen effect? Cause i haven’t really seen this in roblox yet. And It would be really cool if we could somehow make a screen pixelate effect with out too much lag. I tried to make this my self, but i could’t get it to replicate the players screen. Heres an example of what i’m trying to recreate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoSIMph9qlc

Some help would be much appreciated

5 Likes

I bet that making this effect using GUI would be extremely inefficient. If they don’t implement this into the Roblox Engine then I don’t think there will be a way do achieve this effect.

I would try casting a ray for every pixel of the pixelated screen, check what collides with the ray and then apply the color of the colliding part to the related pixel, but as I mentioned at the beginning, this isn’t rather going to be efficient as this has to be recalculated every frame.

3 Likes

yeah, It should just be a new post processing effect tbh

1 Like

Too much pixelation it’s insanely difficult to figure out what you’re suppose to do but if we had a choice for if they ever make a pixelation post processing effect on roblox, we should have a choice to show how many pixels we want and how big the pixels should be that’ll be pretty nice.

2 Likes