Creating a player Glow Effect

Hello! I’m looking at a way to create a nice glow effect around the player, similar to minecrafts glow particle effect!

The current issue is any attempt to create a neon brick inside of the player simply doesn’t look very good, I’ve seen it done at other games using neon I’m just not sure how they did it!

I’ve attempted multiple things, including setting character parts to neon, making new parts inside the player as neon, but none have the effect I’m searching for.

4 Likes

well, i’m not sure if this would work, but you could try using a ViewportFrame?

A man of culture I see. This should be what you’re looking for: How to create a Cel/Toon-Shading effect on models using blender! [OUTDATED]

You would have to import it afterwards.

1 Like

How could ViewportFrame be used in this case?

I am not 100% sure, but I think, he thinks ambient properity

You’d have the textured model in the VPF overlaying the workspace model, and set the workspace model to neon so it’ll glow around the VPF

I don’t think that’s it, it would seem that my mesh is now bugged out and wont support neon.

2 Likes

It may help you, it may not.

Maybe selection boxes would give you the effect you are looking for? :+1:

1 Like

You could make a cartoon shading and colour it with a good glowing colour!
Or it would be easier but less cool to use selection boxes, your choose!

I have just made a r15 and r6 cel shading model for each which are 100% safe I wouldn’t dare to put a virus on them. R15 and R6 Cel Shading visit this link to find them

Sorry for the bump, but couldn’t you just use highlight?

This… was posted two years ago… when highlight didn’t exist…

Ah, my mistake. I should of known that, silly me.

Use the highlight object and it will be very easy to use and exactly what you need.

Highlight Docs:

1 Like

Any ideas or tips from people who have worked with neon parts in the past?
Thanks!

I have a few ideas for you:

Make a Sphere with the neon material on it and have it follow the player.
Make a neon trail that follows the player.
Use a spark particle to create a trail.

I hope this helps!