R15 and R6 Cel Shading

Hello I have recently just created cel shaded models for both R15 and R6 because I haven’t really seen any available on Roblox and I thought I should help the community or anyone that wanted to have cel shaded outlines on characters. You can visit the link here thanks for reading.

Edit: I also assure you that there is not a single virus attached to this model. This is a safe model for your game.

33 Likes

Here is an image of what they look like, you can change the color to your liking.

15 Likes

This looks neat, is there any tutorial on how you were able to achive this?

3 Likes

Thank you, I do remember watching it somewhere but I don’t remember so I’m going to give you a step by step tutorial on how to achieve this for any object.
1.) Select the object you want to cel shade
2.) Right click and press “Export Selection” make sure it’s an obj
3.) Open Blender and import the obj
4.) Go to “Edit mode”
5.) Press “Mesh”
6.) Go to “Normals” and then press “Flip”
7.) After that you can export it and overwrite the obj you previously had.
8.) Go to Roblox Studio, insert a meshpart and then find the location of the object you want to cel shade.
9.) This is all dependent on your preference, but I went into the command bar and made the mesh 0.05 bigger than the model I wanted it to shade over. You must make it bigger or it will not look right.
10.) Then use a weld constraint and weld it to the object, then you’re done.

13 Likes

I remember a forum post saying that you can do it by duplicating each part then changing its material to force field and then you would make it a little bit bigger, weld it and you were done.

4 Likes

You could do that but it doesn’t look the same, it looks very different. You could go try it out and compare the 2 models.

3 Likes

Oh I forgot something, very good job. Will definitely use this for my game, should I put credit or no?

3 Likes

No problem, just trying to help the community and no you don’t have to credit me for this.

8 Likes

Hi, how exactly would you go about locking these to the player? I notice when I put the shades into a player they just go into the dummy.

Sorry for the late reply, but I welded the shader to its corresponding part on the rig. I don’t really know another method because I haven’t experimented all that much in studio but I know that one works.