Creating A Splash Text Like Minecraft (Animation Only)

Hello, I’m trying to achieve a replica of the well known Splash text that is one of Minecraft’s neat features!
Minecraft Splash Text:

What I’m trying to do is add this, but only the animation. In the title screen of Minecraft, this text sort of slowly goes closer and farther. Sort of like a pulse going in and out.

I’m here to ask, how should I go about this? What are my options, methods, and different ways to make this possible? Thank you!

5 Likes

you tried use tweenservice? @TheMasterDuper

1 Like

Would I loop a tween going in and out nonstop? Would this cause any client lag or etc?

1 Like

is no will lag the client, and you can loop that in and out nonstop by math.huge

1 Like

You can loop a tween service infinitely by making the loop amount a negative number, you don’t want to use math.huge as it can cause problems.

1 Like

What type of loop will be best with something like this? Do you know which one looks the closest to the text? Especially with going in and out?

i made open source game for that:

Your game is almost similar to it, but it’s not achieving the in and out look it needs.

But the loop is perfect, that is the correct type.

You could set the text’s AnchorPoint to (.5, .5) and then you can use TweenService to smoothly animate it’s size, example for that below:

local tween_service = game:GetService("TweenService")
local someText = script.Parent --//Path to the text

local function Animate_Title(txt)
     local original_size = txt.Size
     local tween_info = TweenInfo.new(3, Enum.EasingStyle.Linear) --//First parameter is the time of the tween
    local fade_out = tween_service:Create(txt, tween_info, {Size = original_size - UDim2.new(0, 20, 0, 20)})
   local fade_in = tween_service:Create(txt, tween_info, {Size = original_size + UDim2.new(0, 20, 0, 20)})
     fade_out:Play()
     fade_out.Completed:Connect(function()
          fade_in:Play()
     end)
     fade_in.Completed:Connect(function()
         fade_out:Play()
     end)
end

Animate_Title(someText)

you can change the direction and style of that so is will be more similar to it. :slight_smile:

I don’t know what all the animations look like but I usually just use sine and linear, you would probably just want to experiment with them and find which looks the best. For tween direction you would want to use inout though.

That’s exactly what I needed! Thank you.

For future reference I’ll learn to use a function with looping (Tweening) and per character loop to make my titles more fluent with my work. Thank you so much.

2 Likes

You could use GuiObject:TweenSize to tween it’s size.

local GuiObject = script.Parent -- Change the value to the desired GuiObject you want to tween.

local function callbackFunction()
     GuiObject:TweenSize(size_you_want_in_UDim2, Enum.EasingDirection.InOut, Enum.EasingStyle.Linear, 0.5, true, startTween)
end

local function startTween()
     GuiObject:TweenSize(size_you_want_in_UDim2, Enum.EasingDirection.InOut, Enum.EasingStyle.Linear, 0.5, true, callbackFunction)
end

startTween()
1 Like