Creating a system that autonomously balances your game based on recorded data

So I was thinking of making a Sword Art Online roblox game, and when thinking about what clear content is missing from games that is in the anime (show), something occured to me,

For those of you who don’t know, there is an animated show called Sword Art Online which is basically showcases a virtual reality device allowing you to delve into an online MMORPG.

Anyway, one of the key things about Sword Art Online is that in the MMO it’s built on a system called the Cardinal System that is 100% autonomous and runs the game on its own, balancing the game real time without any intervention from the any developers at all, it’s like one big AI basically.

So my question is, can something like this be made in ROBLOX? Can a system be constructed which records/stores data in datastores, and tweaks the game based on this data?

The biggest potential flaw is probably roblox’s limitations on how much data you can save per minute or whatever it is.
I’m here to ask ROBLOX’s most brilliant minds if they think this is possible, and if so, hypothetically some stuff which should be thought about if creating such a thing is plausible.

Anyway, that’s my message.

Please feel free to share your thoughts.

1 Like

I’m not sure about this but you can capture data with viewport frames but It’s going to suck a lot of memory especially if you are doing this in studio so I advice doing it in 2FPS

I don’t think they need images, maybe you could get by with just stuff like damage data, weapon usage, and maybe even records of inputs. I don’t think this will ever be practical, but it would be a cool science project.

oh i wasn’t meaning to like, record every fight a player has video-wise, i’d use datastores so the game can look at the datastores and say “huh, this strategy is working too well, let me tweak some damage/attack speed etc. to balance it out” or “people are dying too much to a certain NPC, lower its stats”

If you don’t want to use datastores you could you an external database

what do you mean external database? never heard that before

MongoDB is an example of an external database. Google it, it’ll give an explanation of what it can be used for.