Creating an error alert system

About 6 months ago I loaded a test file with scripted free models. There were zero script errors. Today there are 768 script errors.

As I expand the game I’m working on I realized I’ll need multiple place files to make it happen. The issue with that is as Roblox pushes future updates, some scripts are inevitably going to break. Now I’ll be stuck checking every place file for errors on each update. I realize it’s not that time consuming but it really could be if you had 30 places or something.

I’m wondering if there is a way to do some kind of automatic monitoring for this? The real world example is a cheap alarm system that texts you when something is happening. Ideally this system would check for errors (or error messages from console) and send 1 email to you with the errors. The check could be performed once per day and be triggered by the 1st player to enter a server that day. If no one plays the game there wouldn’t be a check. It’s dependent on at least one server doing this check.

I don’t know if this is possible on Roblox but compared to other things people are doing with connecting outside servers I know the resources would be very low. 1 check, 1 email, every 24 hours.

2 Likes

You could use sentry to log errors to an external site Server Log History (Released) - #25 by H_mzah

2 Likes