Creating an unkown sword slash effect

heres how it looks like : https://gyazo.com/d5472b8dacf0eed712d5925a677134a2
for the disappearing effect i dont add it because u didnt place it very right
new link (transparent background) : https://gyazo.com/3e41a5d63053438c708eac0bd93d36cb

1 Like

oh i meant if i placed it on a sqished sphere part, the texture would act weird

1 Like

I have been able to get a working version of the slash effect, but I’m wondering if anyone knows how to properly make the slash sprite sheet? Mine looks pretty ugly.

I heard you can use the unity particle system and then capture an image each frame to get one that looks realistic but I think there should be a better way.

1 Like

So are you saying instead of spritesheets, the only way to do this effect is to change the decal id per frame (or delay)?

1 Like

oh yeah, how i made mine was drawing a bunch of slash effect decals, and using this:

then i tried putting it as a texture to make it properly work, which went wrong for me

2 Likes

How did you draw them, you are a crazy artist lol

A little late reply but thank you, just got back into this now.

1 Like

I followed a tutorial in devforum, but it took me almost 2 days to make, xd. It was pain, but I did find some free mesh that was better than my drawing, so I went with that. Which another problem that occurred to me was now I can’t animate the actual texture of the mesh

1 Like

I think I found a way, will get back to you. If you put a cool blob circle on a flattened sphere it stretches the blob to a slash effect. Then just make a blob and decimate it.

1 Like

Alright for those of you reading this topic, SingleSided and I talked in DMs about it, and here is how you make it:

Make a slash effect in unity
Export as images
Import the images to roblox
put decals into sphere

this above is all we know so far

2 Likes

Made this:

Might make a tutorial on it if my friend gives me permission.

Essentially made in Unity and screenshotted into roblox with decals. I have a spritesheet and loop through 50 of them. I know there are better methods available but this is the one I found for those looking. I even achieved better results than this in some other ones! Good luck everyone!

13 Likes

Can you ask for permission to make a tutorial?

1 Like

Honestly I’ll go ahead and make one soon - not a fan of withholding information from people. Will upload to youtube in a couple weeks.

4 Likes

Still stuck :sweat_smile: could you post it here when it is done?

1 Like

Bruh… there you go people!
greenslash_1.rbxl (37.2 KB)

8 Likes

Thanks! When i was trying to figure it out with single sided, I just ended up getting stuck on the first step, (Unity & Blender) lol

1 Like

nice one, wait but it looks similar :

1 Like

Wow just like that, now his dreams are crushed!!!?!???

1 Like

yeah ofc its open-source owner-free from a discord server?

1 Like

nah its not a problem, its just u must give credit while sharing it

1 Like

its optional, the creation is not licensed so its fine for me to not giving credits.

3 Likes